Do You Wear a Helmet For Snowsports?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a helmet for snowsports?

• Yes always
    • Yes sometimes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you thnk they should be compulsory?

• Yes
    • Yes but only for school groups
    • No

I may actually wear a helmet on my next trip over as I'm thinking of getting a GoPro cam and need something to mount it on. Needs to be higher than a chest mount in Niseko! ;)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest, i think some of you are overplaying the disruption to a) your field of vision, and the lack of ambient sound by wearing a helmet. Lets forget that i wrote "non safety reasons whatsoeve

Wore my helmet yesterday and thankfully glad I did.   Was coming down the main slope on the east slope of joestu kokusai and a skiier came across and clattered in to me and I took a hefty tumble, hi

No one would or could argue that wearing a helmet is not a somewhat safer option could they? I honestly couldn't care less if people wear them for whatever reason they choose. I don't care if it makes

• 11 months later...

Another concussion averted thanks to my trusty k2 cinch helmet. Came down the super steep line next to ushikubi, flew into the little powdery area near the nagasaka connection lift when I suddenly hit a sticky snow patch, the rag doll physics kicked in and that was pretty y much game over :) I still feel a bit swim my headed about an hour later. Thanks cinch :)

Still never had a head injury in 28 years of skiing. Nearly all of it backcountry, ski-mountaineering or off-piste. Never have and likely never will wear a helmet. Thanks common sense! ;)

Two reasons to wear a helmet for absolutely no safety reason whatsoever.

1. Go pro mount.

2. Never get foggy goggles by taking them off and putting them on your head.

3. (Bonus) I never get cold ears with a helmet. I do with beanies though.

4. (Specific helmet bonus) the headphones suck in inbuilt headphones in helmets, but even at full blast you can still hear enough ambient noise to be reasonably aware of your surroundings whilst listening to your tunes.

Two reasons to wear a helmet for absolutely no safety reason whatsoever.

1. Go pro mount.

2. Never get foggy goggles by taking them off and putting them on your head.

3. (Bonus) I never get cold ears with a helmet. I do with beanies though.

4. (Specific helmet bonus) the headphones suck in inbuilt headphones in helmets, but even at full blast you can still hear enough ambient noise to be reasonably aware of your surroundings whilst listening to your tunes.

I fixed it for you Ippy ;)

So, you stick a bucket on your head (reducing your awareness of your surroundings because of the sound deadening and the restriction of peripheral vision) and then stick noise machines in your ears, obliterating ALL external sounds.

Great, you absolutely NEED a helmet - because you have zero awareness of surroundings! :omg:

1. Don't want or need a gopro

2. Not stupid enough to put goggles on my head

3. Not stupid enough to shut out ambient sounds

4. Not immature enough to require or want music while skiing

5. Not stupid enough to ski out of control

What else ya got?