One for those who have days off during the week.

If you book your one day tickets via the jr ek-net site, the day trips are MUCH cheaper compared to the brochures for some reason.

E.g. One day trip to centleisure maiko, is 6900yen - which includes the train and lift pass!

Crazy prices there.

Here is a link for you, as approved by the SJ team - hope it helps some of you out. :D

http://travel.eki-net.biz/jrnetsbyu/servlet/CommodityListServlet?aid=0&r=0&mon=0&sc=&m1=0&m2=9999&keywords=&cf2=&pid=&course=C03&J=J04&x=28&y=7&isearch.x=1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem with this is that if you want the tickets delivered to your house, then you must book a minimum of 1 week in advance, otherwise you can pick them up at your local JR View plaza with a miniumu 2 days before the day you want to go, at the latest at 2pm.

As I have just found out.

Hey M-i-J, did you get your tickets via that eki-net website in the end as your comments and Muika's photos are inspiring me to go to Centreleisure Maiko next Friday! If so, is the 6,900 Yen deal for return, non-reserved, shinkansen tickets and a lift pass? & were there any time restrictions on what trains you could get? Cheers! :thumbsup:

Mick.....it's a reserved shink......and restrictions there MAY be, but that doesn't mean you have to stick to them. The other week when I went to Kagura, I couldn't get on the first available shink....or the 2nd......I took any train they gave me.....then went on the earliest anyway. As long as you have a valid ticket, it'll allow you into the shink station, then get on the unreserved car and take a seat.....no one checks your ticket

Hey M-i-J, did you get your tickets via that eki-net website in the end as your comments and Muika's photos are inspiring me to go to Centreleisure Maiko next Friday! If so, is the 6,900 Yen deal for return, non-reserved, shinkansen tickets and a lift pass? & were there any time restrictions on what trains you could get? Cheers! :thumbsup:

Na, just walked into Yokohama JR view plaza and booked the regular ones as left it too late too.

Let me check the details when I get to work but I suspect that TB is right. ;)

Mick.....it's a reserved shink......and restrictions there MAY be, but that doesn't mean you have to stick to them. The other week when I went to Kagura, I couldn't get on the first available shink....or the 2nd......I took any train they gave me.....then went on the earliest anyway. As long as you have a valid ticket, it'll allow you into the shink station, then get on the unreserved car and take a seat.....no one checks your ticket

I like your thinking TB!! Come to think of it, no-one checked my ticket on the un-reserved leg of my trip to GALA on Thursday. :)

Note that you can also book these tickets until 2 pm the 2 days before (i.e. for your Thursday trip, by Tuesday 2 pm) and then pick up the tickets at the special JR counter at Tokyo station.

You must get to the ticket counter at least 15 minutes before the scheduled train departure, and the counter is open from 5:50 am until noon. I would allow more time, even though it is located near the central Yaesu exit.

Payment can be made by credit card or convenience store transfer, however, for the 2 days before booking, need to pay via credit card directly on internet site.

Let me know the next time you are planning a weekday trip...

Trains are restricted, and for example, if you ride on a train that originates at Ueno, you have to ride from Tokyo to Ueno on nonreserved and cannot get out at Ueno station, etc.

Unreserved, as TB mentioned, means all you need is a ticket to get on the train, which is checked at the gates. Reserved means you get a seat but you will be checked and told off if you are in the wrong place.

Moreover, if you get a campaign train, you can't, last time I tried, get a different train. If you get a normal train ticket, you can take a later/earlier train, but have to take an unreserved seat.

Can't use a vending machine for these deals.

Have to book online - perhaps book them at the hotel you're at, and then pick them up at Nagano station View Plaza, or perhaps the shinkansen machine there.

Should be someone there to help you pick them up.

Sorry mate was being silly running myself down a bit re the vending machine comment :)

Great idea re the Nagano station as will be there in the morning. Looks like a good bit of snow coming so Wed at Gala and Thursday at Centleisure maiko,

Unreserved, as TB mentioned, means all you need is a ticket to get on the train, which is checked at the gates. Reserved means you get a seat but you will be checked and told off if you are in the wrong place.

Moreover, if you get a campaign train, you can't, last time I tried, get a different train. If you get a normal train ticket, you can take a later/earlier train, but have to take an unreserved seat.

It wouldn't let you through the shinkansen gates?

That looks good!! Am planning to go somewhere on Thursday too - maybe it's time to Gala! :groovy:

Mick are you still riding Thursday?? I will be in that area day tripping from Tokyo, planning Gala on Wed at this stage and maybe somewhere close by Thursday.