Ski Field Crowds  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are they Ski Field Crowds Up or Down this year

• DOWN
    • UP
    • About the Same

On the other hand, saw zero other (apparent) foreigners on the hill. There would usually be at least a few.

Would you guess they were living in Japan types, or actually came to ski from overseas? Likely the former perhaps?

On the other hand, saw zero other (apparent) foreigners on the hill. There would usually be at least a few.

Would you guess they were living in Japan types, or actually came to ski from overseas? Likely the former perhaps?

Just a guess, but some seem(ed) to be from Hong Kong or Singapore, and some westerners. Mostly families on packages or something, by the looks.

No idea if direct from overseas, or expats based in Tokyo, or what.

Have just spent 3 days in Hakuba (28th/29th/30th Dec) and visited Happo, Iwatake, Tsugaike and Cortina, and I thought all 3 were fairly busy but not crowded, though it was my first visit to the area so I've got nothing to compare it against! ;)

This was perhaps the busiest place I saw - Hakuba Cortina on Friday 30th December, but there was some fresh pow and it was the start of the Japanese holidays, so I would've been surprised if it wasn't busy!

Mick Rich_153.JPG

At Happo this morning and though busy, it does feel less busier than previous New Years

:omg: Although i didn't think it was crazy busy, as I was in teaching mode with the missus, we had to stay low down and there were long queues for the bunny lifts

no idea what nozawa is normally like on a three day weekend after an awesome dump, but it seemed pretty busyish. Friday was nice, saturday it was getting busy, and sunday 10amish the queues for both gondolas was fairly heavy.

Lol... The first time I went to Nozawa was this same long weekend several years ago. It almost made me never want to go back... almost ;). I don't tend to do long weekends anymore... but I'm lucky enough to be able to get enough time off on other days.