• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took some photos of what I think is called Extreme Carving.   Laying it over   Backhand turn   A close-up   going down the hill   Another perspective

Just thought I would start a thread to keep all my photos and others together and for crew to have a yak if they like.   I got a great present for xmas day. Some nice fresh snow. It was my best xmas

I posted a rough as guts video. try this.   Furano Ski Boxing Day   Today's photos, Boxing Day.   Top of Ropeway looking towards Dai-san lifto.   Top of Ropeway looking towards top of dai-

well it is getting wetter and hotter all the time. So i am glad that I am going now. The rain puts a damper on it.

I did heaps of skiing. improved my powder skiing heaps.

How would you rate the season up there compared with last year koko? You were up there last season too right?

Interesting to hear if you think this year snow was better or not.

last year was heaps less snow but more lighter snow.

this year was more snow but more wind and the snow was a bit wetter.

For entirely selfish reasons, that's good to hear!!! :D

KD, you planning on spending any time in Tokyo on your way back home, as I could pop up for a beer?! :cheers:

last year was heaps less snow but more lighter snow.

this year was more snow but more wind and the snow was a bit wetter.

For entirely selfish reasons, that's good to hear!!! :D

KD, you planning on spending any time in Tokyo on your way back home, as I could pop up for a beer?! :cheers:

sorry mate, i am going to osaka for a couple of days before heading home. :(

doh! what is heso ?

Heso is the Japanese word for navel or belly button and is Furano's nickname, given it's central Hokkaido location. You might've heard about the heso matsuri they hold in the summer where guys (and some brave girls) paint faces on their bellies and wear hats over their heads! This should give you an idea......

Mick%20Rich_223.JPG

As Muika said, thanks for all your Furano reports and photos this season KD - although I couldn't make it up there as planned, I was able to enjoy it vicariously through this post! :thumbsup:

Have a good trip down to Osaka and back onto your summer home, though I guess summer is now nearly over down under! :wave:

arfur, to newcastle where i am now. and then melbourne and then who knows?

klingon. i have been putting off the real world now its coming crashing down on me. doh!

jellybelly. i cycled 66 kilometers from harikata to Arashiyama. but i had some takoyaki.

• 7 months later...

http://furano.miemas...irection=Direct&

The grassy land on the bottom right of the screen is the site for the Vale Furano. Directly across the road from the Kitonomine gondola station.

Next street behind that Vale site, there are 8 plots of land being sold adjacent to each other.

As soon as they get going with the Vale, there'll be frantic action in that area. Only downside is that the nearest 7-11 is 800m down the road.