Just thought I would start a thread to keep all my photos and others together and for crew to have a yak if they like.

I got a great present for xmas day. Some nice fresh snow. It was my best xmas ever.

kokodoko_51.jpg

Snowing on xmas day.

kokodoko_52.jpg

Kitanomine in the afternoon.

There has been more snow already this year than there was all last season.

kokodoko_53.jpg

This dude decided to ride home.

• Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took some photos of what I think is called Extreme Carving.   Laying it over   Backhand turn   A close-up   going down the hill   Another perspective

Just thought I would start a thread to keep all my photos and others together and for crew to have a yak if they like.   I got a great present for xmas day. Some nice fresh snow. It was my best xmas

I posted a rough as guts video. try this.   Furano Ski Boxing Day   Today's photos, Boxing Day.   Top of Ropeway looking towards Dai-san lifto.   Top of Ropeway looking towards top of dai-

It's looking good KD! :thumbsup:

Btw, have the lifts changed at all at the bottom of Kitanomine? I heard rumours last season that the bottom quad was going to be moved and the old, single was going to be taken away all together??

Muika, i am trying to get some outlay shots. maybe some today might be ok. but very low vis.

Chriselle. i always hear how windy asahikawa gets. does kamui get windy lots, too?

Mick, nothing has changed. same same.

arfur, see ya when ya get here , bro. sweet as. ;)

KD....I made it to Kamui today. It was still a bit breezy at the top but snowed heavy all day and only a handful of people on the hill......PLENTY of deep powder. Had a blast but for the first time out I kinda overdid it....legs are quivering sticks-o-goo. :sj-lol: Asahikawa doesn't get all that windy. Certainly not like out here on the sea of Japan coast.

A couple boys left here headed your way KD with Black Diamond tours. Really was wishing I was on that trip too and hope they score it but I guess one can't be greedy. Still two days to go here, with Wednesday looking good but next year there is definitely a trip to Furano so please keep posting pics etc everyone!

No worries, tokyo. :)

Here are some photos from today.

kokodoko_58.jpg

Telemarker on the Ohiroma course.

kokodoko_60.jpg

Snowboarder under the link chair

kokodoko_61.jpg

Some elegant telemark skiing on the technical course.

kokodoko_62.jpg

Telemark skiing on the technical course.

kokodoko_63.jpg

Same guy

kokodoko_64.jpg

Skiing the Technical course. Skiers left of Dai-san lift.

kokodoko_59.jpg

Furano town from the top of the gondola

• Like 1

Why was the top of the ropeway fenced off? :wakaranai:

Because it's Furano, they rope off everything. Went last year and it's great to see more snow this year. Second time at Furano and last the side trips were a blast though.

I was going to do a few days in furano this trip but decided against it due to the "horror stories" of ski patrol busting you for ducking ropes. I spend 90% of my day on the wrong side of the ropes lol.

See you when you get here, norcal. :)

Some photos of the Snow clearing going on at kitanomine this morning.

kokodoko_65.jpg

The snow chomper

kokodoko_66.jpg

Snow chomper dumping into a truck.

kokodoko_67.jpg

Grader cleaning up after the snow chomper

kokodoko_68.jpg

Heading down the hill.

kokodoko_69.jpg

The digger

kokodoko_70.jpg

snow plough

kokodoko_71.jpg

The single chair and Training run at Kitanomine.

• Like 1