• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are talent called talent when they have no talent?

Why don't people read the instructions?!   And....   Is it worth spending time writing instructions?  

That.......AND his avatar...

And BTW, Shaken is a total sham. Do you Brits or Aussies have crap like that? Japan seems to model a lot of systemic stuff off the Brits.

What is Shaken Chriselle? We obviously don't have it unless it goes by another name.

BTW your parkway/driveway entry is an excellent question for which there seems to be no answer

Shaken....is that road worthiness insurance?

In the UK thats called MOT......I think (I don't drive :p )

In OZ, there are many different "road worthiness" things. Each State is different, so some people have to get a roadworthiness certificate every year before registering the car, others have no inspection - they just have to pay the rego.

In NSW (where I live) the "pink slip" registration inspection costs around $80. Then for my Navara dual-cab ute, the "green slip" Compulsory third party insurance costs upwards of $300 and then registration is about $50 plus the "weight tax" of $600ish. All up, then around AUD1000, just so I can drive the thing on the roads. at an exchange rate of around 80Yen to the dollar, we're talking JPY80000.

So, getting the beast registered is a hefty whack to the bank balance! EVERY YEAR! These figures are "around about" numbers because I cannot be bothered going out to the car to get the exact numbers.

Shaken....is that road worthiness insurance?

In the UK thats called MOT......I think (I don't drive :p )

In OZ, there are many different "road worthiness" things. Each State is different, so some people have to get a roadworthiness certificate every year before registering the car, others have no inspection - they just have to pay the rego.

In NSW (where I live) the "pink slip" registration inspection costs around $80. Then for my Navara dual-cab ute, the "green slip" Compulsory third party insurance costs upwards of $300 and then registration is about $50 plus the "weight tax" of $600ish. All up, then around AUD1000, just so I can drive the thing on the roads. at an exchange rate of around 80Yen to the dollar, we're talking JPY80000.

So, getting the beast registered is a hefty whack to the bank balance! EVERY YEAR! These figures are "around about" numbers because I cannot be bothered going out to the car to get the exact numbers.

Well, I guess it's comforting to know I'm not alone....driving a LandCruiser in Japan isn't for the budget minded.