Hey newb here, just havin some trouble with my Snow Japan account etc etc, and I tried to just send the question through to SJ but it kept saying i answered the security question wrong!!! (I did it a million times!)

Anyway, just tryin to update/edit my profile but it wont let me do any of that. Can someone please drop some knowledge on me? haha much appreciated!

....and where da snow at?!?!?

• SnowJapan Admin

Hello akitapow and welcome.

Are you sure that you filled in the form correctly each time? A few people have said similar but then in each case realised that they had not checked each field of the form when they re-submitted.

Please just take a few seconds to make sure each part of the form is filled in correctly before submitting and it should be ok. (The form itself is functioning correctly).

Alternatively, you can use the form on the main site.

http://www.snowjapan...out/contact.php

Thanks.

Yo SJ-David, so sorry to waste your time like this but I STILL cant get it to work! haha I'm so sorry bro, and alls I want is a chance to snag some of them SJ stickers so I can REPRESENT, woot ;) haha

Every time it says i did something wrong, but I swear Im typing everything in correctly :(

oshiete kudasai

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, akitapow it is impossible for me to troubleshoot from distance other than what I said, but the logs do indeed show your incorrect tries. But they also indicate that the form is working correctly, as it should. So there's really not much I can say.

Other than... please use the other form I mentioned above.

Thanks.

:friend:

Hi Akitapow welcome to the forums. Are you trying to fill in the form for the stickers??

If so - One of the security questions is actually a quiz DON'T just type in the the letter type in the answer to the quiz.

I had the same - very frustrating - issue. Have been away from the site for months and needed to contact Admin/Moderator/someone in SJ, but, IMHO it is so over the top with security. (I realise the issues SJ has with spam, etc).

A brief explanation beside the questions would help. For example: as noted by snowhuntress, I didn't realise the numbers were part of a QUIZ.

In the end I got so pissed with the thing I gave it a miss, until I actually recalled my login in data and was able to login.

Just for feedback purposes: it makes sending a simple email VERY difficult without knowing the system ... or going through the endless Help topics websites seem to direct people to use these days.

Anyway, just my 2c worth of feedback.

:shifty:

Yeah, gawd, like wow I'm just so pissed off. It took me more than 10 seconds to do something. I couldn't be arsed filling in the "Forgotten password" etc links to retrieve your login info automatically.

If you are logged out and need your info:

http://www.snowjapan...ection=lostpass

Or why not contact the SJ-David or one of the others.

Anyway, yeah totally pissed off with SJ.

You guys just suck so much in so many different ways.

Not one bit of goodness out there.

I'm outraged.

FYI, I am pretty sure that the captcha thing is a standard, it's not something that SnowJapan have tried to make more complex than it need be.

Just fill the form in properly - you know, not like a dweeb - and grow up.

Rather than publicly venting your problems, here is an easy step by step guide for what you can do:

1) Click on SJ-Davids name.

2) Click on "send me a message".

3) Write him a message with your problems.

4) Click send.

5) Wait for reply.

It isn't difficult.

These guys do a lot of work behind the scenes, that some of us don't see, and often take for granted. Instead of appreciating it, people complain about the system, rather than taking some time out to give some constructive feedback.

Just some food for thought.

In the end I got so pissed with the thing I gave it a miss, until I actually recalled my login in data and was able to login.

Here here.

I was also TOTALLY PISSED off with the form.

I tried endlessly to fill it in.

First of all it said 1, 2, ?, 4, 5.

Imagine my surprise when I filled out the field with "meat & potato pie" that it told me I had filled it out wrong.

:veryshocked:

Similarly, when it said A, B, ?, D, E, imagine my surprise when I filled out the field with "masturbating snow monkey", it did the same.

:veryshocked:

I tried as many obvious answers as I could - including:

'I am a complete dickwad'

'what on earth do I type here, for the life of me I really can't work it out!!!'

'C comes after B and before D, is that right?'

... but it was always wrong!

As any reasonable busy person with things to do would be, I was TOTALLY PISSED off after trying this for over 22 hours. I was even late for work desperately trying to work out what they could possibly want me to type in that field. But with no success.

So instead, first of all I gave up without contacting these people and simply asking them, and then I decided to 'take my revenge' and open up a new Facebook page/campaign expressing my outrage and utter contempt. I also registered on a few other Forums to vent my anger at SJ. (The pie community of Wigan know ALLLLLLL about your heinous crimes now Snowjapan!). That was fun actually coz I could just make any old shit up! Hahahahahahaha.

:grandpa:

I wouldn't mind, but I was only trying to contact SnowJapan in the first place to voice my outrage to them about something else.

A friend of a friend on facebook told me that his sister knew someone in Niseko (on facebook) who was friends with someone else who was on facebook (and did Twitter too) and they said that there was 12cm of new snow on the ground one morning.

Well, imagine my surprise when the Niseko Now report blatantly said only 10cm.

Talk about misleading! If not an outright lie! In their position this thing should simply not be allowed.

So anyway after not being able to contact them because of the Form debacle and being TOTALLY PISSED OFF once again, only this time even more pissed off, I started up a whole new new hate campaign on Facebook. And Twitter too. I even tried MySpace, even though no-one looks at that anymore.

I'll get my own back that way after being treated so bad.... oh yes you can be sure of that!

:grandpa:

Now I'm not one to normally complain, but I'm also going to contact The Daily Mail.

I'm sure they will be as outraged as the rest of us. If not more!!!!!

FYW, FWIW, IMOH, FRWL, just my 2c. etc. Don't take it personally.

• Like 1

:shifty:

Yeah, gawd, like wow I'm just so pissed off. It took me more than 10 seconds to do something. I couldn't be arsed filling in the "Forgotten password" etc links to retrieve your login info automatically.

If you are logged out and need your info:

http://www.snowjapan...ection=lostpass

Or why not contact the SJ-David or one of the others.

Anyway, yeah totally pissed off with SJ.

You guys just suck so much in so many different ways.

Not one bit of goodness out there.

I'm outraged.

FYI, I am pretty sure that the captcha thing is a standard, it's not something that SnowJapan have tried to make more complex than it need be.

Just fill the form in properly - you know, not like a dweeb - and grow up.

What the HELL is that rant about?? Seriously there are a couple of people out there that need to take a GIANT CHILL PILL!! :wakaranai: Is that for real or I am having a blond moment and this is a sarcastic rant???

• SnowJapan Admin

If you want to contact us and simply cannot fathom out how to use the form - a form that seems to have a 96% success rate of completion - please use this form:

http://www.snowjapan...out/contact.php

Or, as Man in Japan said, you can very easily contact me or one of my colleagues and we will almost always very happily help, and most times very quickly too. We have got absolutely no problems with people telling us about any difficulties they have experiences or feedback on functionality. But if you want to get us to respond, keep in mind to check the attitude at the door before you submit.

------

Unrelated to the reason for my annoyance, we have adjusted the form so that the 'question/answer' bit is no longer needed - just the captcha code. The captcha is something that is used on a lot of websites and we do not specify the details of how that works. If you cannot read the code that appears you can "refresh it" to see a different text code. And you can do that as many times as you like. If you need to go back and re-submit the form for whatever reason, please make sure that all of the details are filled in correctly before doing that. Most of the failure rate is for that reason. But hopefully that might make there be less chance of people experiencing problems with it. Thanks.

• Like 1