• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 11/12 Season Giveaways have started!   As with many things this season, we are making some changes to the way our Giveaways work.   If you look top right of this page - or indeed any page on t

First ones now online:   Mt Naeba http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20908-snowjapan-giveaways-mt-naeba-yuzawa-niigata/   Yuzawa http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20907-

OK a few initial issues with the Form fixed up - it should all be working smoothly now. Links to this will appear on the main site later on today.

I am all for the members only thing.

Surely won't do my own chances any harm!

Just delete entries from arseholes and ignore.

The moaning minority are just that... A minority and just much louder than reasonable people.

:)

The moaning minority are just that... A minority and just much louder than reasonable people.

thought you wanted to win??

;)

;)

:clap: ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks folks.

Well, I think the people who we work with us to bring these Giveaways will be happy for the following reasons:

1) This season we are making the Giveaways more high profile - as well as the usual links on the main page and other areas of the site, we have also put a link to them on the 470+ resort pages on the site. That wasn't there until now.

2) We are asking a few questions on the new improved form when people enter. This is just to get a general idea of things, not to put you on some list to be spammed later!

3) Anyone - guests, lurkers, search engines - can actually see all of the information and the details of the Giveaway. We are not stopping anyone from viewing the info. The only limitation is to who can actually enter - and those who enter are people who are part of the 'community'. Hopefully these people are more likely to come back, post a report and photos on these here Forums and take part all the more.

I know some people might not like to actually need to do more than anonymously click one button to get freebies, but really, I would prefer people who are really interested and take part here win things anyway.

And, we seem to have got a very healthy number of entries so far and the page views are 50% more than usual as well.

I can't see a downside to it myself.

Going back to one of Andrew's comments, I think it's also inevitable that when something becomes bigger and more successful, it also becomes a bigger target and the success will simply annoy some people. Can't be helped, but it's also a sign of success.

Doing a great job, keep it up. And get out skiing too!

I think before you needed to be logged into the main site to enter (?)

But definitely, it makes total sense to need to be registered to enter.

And if anyone in the world can SEE the info.

Totally reasonable.

:thumbsup:

( Though I really think you should have included a flight, hotel and cash spend of 100,000 yen in that Niseko givwaway ;) )

Very much looking forward to reading some trip reports from the people who win these tickets. I always enjoy reading the trip reports and seeing photos of different areas. Even a quick few sentences and a couple of photos is a good thing, it is one of my favourite parts of these forums.

Lets hope my friend muikabochi actually pulls out his camera this year and posts some photos. I've tried to persuade him before.... ;)

I'll post some this time round, even though I'm rubbish with a camera.

;)

Now that was uncalled for. My feelings are hurt.

:(

If you had giveaways for Shiga Kogen, I'd dress up in a Sgt. Frog or some other character suit just to get them... And document the evidence of course. If you gave me 3 (me, my bro and a mate) I'd get all of us to dress up in costumes and film it for posterity...

Do or do not. There is no try.

I thought I'd give it a crack... I don't need the tickets, but anything that helps the budget when you're travelling from OS helps.

Perhaps I'll give a few of the Snowjapan fliers to some of the hotels where I'm not staying... "You could have had my money if you sponsored these guys" (or had an english website/booking system)

• SnowJapan Admin

The first 'threat' is the best Sciclone. ;)

Again like I said, each year we try with the Shiga Kogen lift tickets, but it never happens. Wish we could. Something to do with the way it's all set up or something, Andrew knows...

It wasn't a threat... I'd have gone through with it if you got me tickets...

I was thinking, whipping through the trees.. one of us dressed up like a stormtrooper, the other like Chewie, another like Darth... Tanne no mori would have been suitable, or the run from the top of Higashidateyama. Filmed from three different perspectives (We all have helmet/goggle cams) and with pew-pew noises to boot. It would have been awesome... damn you SK Lift association, look what you denied the world of...