• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 11/12 Season Giveaways have started!   As with many things this season, we are making some changes to the way our Giveaways work.   If you look top right of this page - or indeed any page on t

First ones now online:   Mt Naeba http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20908-snowjapan-giveaways-mt-naeba-yuzawa-niigata/   Yuzawa http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20907-

OK a few initial issues with the Form fixed up - it should all be working smoothly now. Links to this will appear on the main site later on today.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK a few initial issues with the Form fixed up - it should all be working smoothly now. :friend:

Links to this will appear on the main site later on today.

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

BTW, please do write some comments when you fill out the form.

Or perhaps even a simple 'thanks'.

Basic politeness is the new gnarly. :party:

If people can't be bothered spending a minute doing that, then perhaps we shouldn't be bothered putting all the effort into doing this... ;)

• Like 1

Just entered, but a question:

In the box labeled ``real name'' my DiGriz handle appeared automatically, and couldn't be changed. Is that correct?

Oh, damn, didn't add any comments. Promise to do so next time!

Edited by DiGriz
  • SnowJapan Admin

Sorry, my mistake. I had overlooked that bit.... it now says:

Your Forums member name should automatically appear here. Required

That better?

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Admin

Good. Loving this new system we have implemented here - so much better than up until now.

It's going to be so much easier to set these up, run them and sort out things at the end.

:friend:

• SnowJapan Admin

Can you believe it we have already had one or two people complaining rudely about the fact that we are asking people to sign up and at least make a post on the Forums to enter the Giveaways.

How could we!? Outrageous thing to ask isn't it! :veryshocked:

Apparently we are trying out best to mislead people.

And didn't we have a Giveaway to Yuzawa last year? Why not a different resort? :grandpa:

Sometimes, reading some of the comments that come in... I just want to turn the server off, throw it out of the window and go out skiing. For the season. :( (Having said that, sounds fun!)

/public rant

//in the process of making it clearer

;)

Cheers

That was easy I haven't entered in previous years so can't compare but it seemed simple.

Just photocopy your bottom and send it to people who complain.

Just one thing not sure if my second entry registered as a message box appeared saying wait additional 5minutes before sending email (Or something along those lines)

Seemore

• SnowJapan Admin

Cheers

That was easy I haven't entered in previous years so can't compare but it seemed simple.

Just photocopy your bottom and send it to people who complain.

Just one thing not sure if my second entry registered as a message box appeared saying wait additional 5minutes before sending email (Or something along those lines)

Seemore

No, didn't get the second one seemore. That's another setting that I have just changed, sorry about that. If you try again it should now be ok.

:friend:

• SnowJapan Admin

One of my 'hobbies' is collecting all these comments and communications. (Sad isn't it). But actually, once the annoying part passes it makes for some entertaining reading.

I don't know where it's coming from, but some people seem to have this idea that we owe them stuff. Lots of stuff. And it's all for free. And even then, it's not enough.

One of my favourite Giveaways comments was the person who was suitably outraged that we did not include the flights and hotel stay when we did a Niseko lift ticket giveaway a few years back.... you mean to say it's just the lift tickets?!!?

I get the impression that some people think we are some big company, being suitably evil and corporate or something. The reality is that we are a small group of real people (ie. living creatures with feelings) very probably totally outworking ourselves at times to points of exhaustion and definitely not getting out skiing enough in an attempt to push this forward all the time.

;)

Spend 10 months grafting away at a ridiculously enormous amount of work? Stuff that no-one has ordered or sponsored or whatever - stuff we make just because we want to and think will be a great thing for everyone to use??

> Written off in a curt comment...... 'that road is closed in winter', or 'I don't like Silverlight'.

Win a ticket from us? Great.

> Not a thanks, no photos uploaded, no trip report - no nothing, lots of times. You know, ultimately the resorts provide these tickets to us hoping that people will go and then come back and share info with others.... and preferably on our site, the place where you got the tickets.

And hey, if we delete one post you made on our Forums, why not fly off the handle and go bad-mouth us and make stuff up about us somewhere else on the internet?

Charming!

Who wouldn't be somewhat irritated on the receiving end of that?

Unfortunately, the reality is that we actually probably hear a disproportionalty large amount of negative comments.

I'm pretty sure that at least a few people out there like what we do, but it's probably par for the course when you run a very public website that the moaners will be the ones who post the most comments and give all that negative feedback.

I guess people who like things just get on and use it?

Kind of used to it now, but it is always very nice to hear when people like what we have done, rather than just rag on at us.

We really do appreciate the people who help, make comments and generally support us.

Totally not asking for prizes, or over-the-top gushing comments that come over all insincere etc ---> just simply 'not getting hassle for stuff' would be nice, esp. for stuff like Giveaways!

That is why I find the motivation to push SnowJapan forward all the time not for/from 'someone else' but for me/us. People can decide whether they like or don't like stuff. But as long as we know we are pushing it forward as much as we possibly can, I'm happy and satisfied with that.

-----

There, usually feel the need for one post per season like this one... got it out of the way early!

Thanks, this is an awesome plus to snowjapan

Well now that I made it all the way trough this thread... my comment seems a little trite after SJ Andrew's post... :shifty:

Edited by bikertom