• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind getting myself a pair of POC lobes, but Ive got other things I want to buy, unfortunately, so I guess Ill stick with my old Spy ones. Always a good idea to have a spare pair in the pocket when out in snowy conditions!

im a real fan of my zeal goggles.

they automatically adjust to the light conditions - "photochromic"

takes a few minutes to change (so suddenly entering dense trees can be a challenge), but means theyre my go-to goggles weather its sunny, overcast or blizzardy. and depending on the lighting, sometimes even ok for night skiing.

they only thing they don't change to very well is ultra low light conditions. eg, 3pm in the shadow of the mountain.

still with my splices. Though this year i decided id have a pop at actually trying some goggles on. I tell you what, the Electric EG2s are gorgeous. Unlike with the splices, they feel really good and dont put pressure on the bridge of your nose (i have a pretty small nose). Im sorely tempted to switch out, but my oakleys were freaking awesome last year even though i cant stand to look at my face in them :) Function over form at the end of teh day. They work, i aint switching out until i absolutely have to :)

still rocking my Oakley A-Frames with HI yellow lenses. got a new pair of Von Zipper Fishbowls... they're ridiculously huge but the peripheral vision is amazing. looking forward to trying them out in about a week's time

That's Y52,000 for goggles :veryshocked:

I can get a five-day ski package to Niseko for that!

Or as Snowjunky said a new pair of skis (and bindings)!

Or almost flights for two round trip (less fuel surcharge) to Whistler or Tahoe!

And I don't want to know how fast I'm skiing because it would probably scare me too much. :lol:

yeah, 52K for goggles is somewhat mental! Actually theres a pair at 27k on yahoo auction now, but still....

For all that data you get with those goggles, Ive got a 500 yen iphone app that does it all and Id rather check that kind of stuff later than be distracted while out in the snow!

Hi Roscoe do you know which lense it is and what is it like in different light conditions?

Pete I have had them for two season's and found them good have had oakley's & annon googles but these suit me the best.2 season's ago at Nozawa it was so cold the out side of the lens iced up half way down the run only time I have had vision trouble.I will have a search and try to find what lenes it is :)

Thanks mate that would be great as getting close to pressing the button on a pair with the fans. Currently have Dragons and two lenses, one for flat and one for bright.

Checked on the www.they have a sensor mirror len's .Backcounty .com dogfunk etc have reveiw's on them Hope that help's

does anyone use the over glasses style goggles?

i wear glasses permanently and have struggled with contacts and normal goggles in the past but went goggle shopping the other day and discovered thry make the over glasses style.

i tend to exude a lot of heat from my face and head but i've never skiied in super cold conditions (will be in niseko in feb) and i'm worried about my glasses fogging up inside the goggles...

provide, I struggled with OTG goggles for years before finally giving up. They'll fog, end of story. Electric heat elements, dual fans, whatever, they'll fog.

I ski half-blind just in goggles w/o glasses -- if it's a good Niseko day you can't see for all the face shots anyway :lol: