I booked Hokkaido trip today and decided to go to Rusutsu and Teine Highland this time.

It'll be the last Hokkaido ski in this winter. I really hope we'll have great snow and nice weather!!

So I can't go to the snowball party but have a great time, everybody!!

\:\) \:\) \:\)

Does it? You never hear as much about Furano do you? Maybe because it is much more out of the way?

If Furano were in Nagano, would it get much more attention than it gets now, being up there in Hokkaido?

There is more than Niseko BOC, just not talked about nearly as much as Niseko itself. That place seems to overshadow everything else in the area.

• 5 years later...
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
The reason why we probably won't be doing Hokkaido for our trip to Japan is that it seems to have the "amazing" Niseko, but not much else. Looks like it will be Nagano for us.

ah.. the innocence. doh

Well let me point out that that post was from March 2003, so a full 6 years ago when I was first interested in Japan and didn't know much at all. I think since then I have learnt that to be very much a misunderstanding, even though I have yet to go to Hokkaido.

grandpa

Pplus no on-site accommodation, so you HAVE TO travel to get there. Either from Asahikawa (which is only a short trip) or from Furano, it makes a longish day trip but, as keba said, it is worth it for the pow, trees and "see it, ski it!" attitude.

Had a ball there Jan 08 having traded one day of our Furano ticket for a coach ride to KJamui and a day sliding there (oh, and coach back again! wink)

Originally Posted By: keba
I'll back up JaySee - Kamui Ski links has some nice powder and trees, and the ski patrol has a relaxed attitude.

Haha! That one's going way back...!
Still here, but these days I'll be keeping my mouth shut on this one...

agreed MikePow- but for me- its the one place that haunts my thoughts ever since ive been there.

I guess my take on this very subjective question is that I am looking at it from the " best sex you`ve ever had " type of frame work. We have all had good relationships, and partners that were consistenly good in bed and fun, etc. - but Sounkyo is that crazy, fickle bitch that made me see God and opened my eyes to both myself and what is out there.

I lust for Sounkyo. I dont lust for Kamui.

Originally Posted By: mina2
I bet before you knew what you know, you knew less, hey?
wink

Of course! and since I learned that, I have learned a lot more!