its very strange......but its maybe the excuse the management have been looking for to wind stuff down. Cynical view I know, but I dunno any other reason to do what they are doing

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the sake of Fukushima, let's hope it works better for them than Liverpool FC!

Some more info on closings and planned closings for the season:

3/11: Nihonmatsu Shiozawa

3/25: Family Snow Park BandaiX2, Aizu Kogen Takahata, Aizu Kogen Nango, TenEi

4/1: Urabandai, Grandee Hatoriko

4/8: Aizu Kogen Daikurayama (closed 4/2-4/6)

4/15: Minowa (Lift B until 3/31, Lift C only after that. Lift A stopped 3/25.)

Missed last weekend, and much of April is problematic for one reason or another, but hope to get out at least a couple more times between now and Golden Week. This weekend is actually looking like reasonable weather conditions... hmm.

Missed last weekend, and much of April is problematic for one reason or another, but hope to get out at least a couple more times between now and Golden Week. This weekend is actually looking like reasonable weather conditions... hmm.

Ok, it's on for the Big G tomorrow.

--Oops, I mean the other "Big G" (Grandeco) not the "Biggest G" (Mt. Granview), of course...

Just being careful.

Wouldn't want to get people all mistakenly excited about the prospect of a Mt. Granview trip report, after all.

I think this will be the 13th time to use the season ticket.(?) (Noting that the trip to Mt. Jeans made use of it for a heavy discount, with the rest of the uses at Grandeco. Never made it to Inawashiro, unfortunately, where I could also have used the season ticket for a discount. The proverbial "next season" for that.)

Have fun at Kagura!

Holding up pretty well, it seems. Certainly more on the ground than last year at this time, anyway.

Here is a picture from the Grandeco blog from yesterday, 4/13:

120413-1.jpg

Compared to the same day last year:

110413-2.jpg

Of course, last year at this time nobody had been skiing for a month, and there was no grooming being done either, presumably, so it is not a perfectly even comparison. But you can see bare patches in the trees last year that don't exist yet this year, which should be independent of what is happening on-course.

Good to hear.

Still debating what to do tomorrow. It has been raining heavily all day here. Looks like up at Kagura too.

Tomorrow should be sunny but rather than try and get in the car park and crowds at Kagura I think I'd really just rather go on a nice drive somewhere perhaps Gunma.

Can't say I'm all that fussed about not going skiing again really, though not ruling it out.

You going again tomorrow MO?

Do they get pretty wild winds up there MO?

Just noticed the hooded quad and wondering if that might be a reason. Or are (were!) they just rather extravagent.