Minowa and Grandeco are opening up a bit more from 12/17:

Minowa will be running their B and C quad lifts.

Grandeco will be running their gondola and the #1 and #2 quad lifts, with the intermediate Center Course and the beginner Upper Akadeko Course open.

Nekoma will be opening on 12/17, with the Oguni #2 romance lift serving an intermediate course.

Takatsue has delayed their opening to 12/21.

Adatara Kogen and Inawashiro Resort have delayed their openings to 12/23.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the sake of Fukushima, let's hope it works better for them than Liverpool FC!

Most of the Fukushima resorts have now opened, at least to some extent.

Grandeco is about 70% open now.

Adatara Kogen opened, but then had to stop their lifts due to high winds.

Aizu Kogen Takahata has delayed their planned opening from today to 12/25, due to insufficient snow.

Aizu Kogen Nango likewise until 12/27.

As mentioned before, Alts Bandai is planning to open 12/28.

• 2 weeks later...

Some scenes from today.

Power Rangers at your service at the on-hill restaurant near the top of the #1 Quad at Grandeco:

gallery_10844_112_201453.jpggallery_10844_112_227609.jpg

Snowshoers hiking down the hill at Grandeco:

gallery_10844_112_130042.jpg

Inawashiro ski area seen from the downtown 7-11:

gallery_10844_112_24608.jpg

I would also like to hit up Adatara Kogen and maybe Inawashiro if the weather clears up on a weekend -- on previous visits to both of those places they were completely socked in, and I really want to check out their views on a clear day. Waiting for a predicted clear weekend -- it will come, but not this weekend yet, it seems.

Also planning to visit Alts for the first time for the SJ gathering on 18 Feb. Looking forward to that.

Some time I would like to check out Minowa as well, but don't know if I'll manage it this season.

Really? That was yesterday was it?

Yeah. Roads didn't re-open until about 1:00 in the afternoon, apparently.

One of my friends who has lived in Japan for a long time has nothing but good things to say for Bandai Ski Resort.

There'll be an SJ gathering at Alts Bandai on the 18th of Feb., by the way.

Open to all!

Pics from today.

Miharu Koma statue, at Miharu parking area:

gallery_10844_112_24740.jpg

Miharu is known for a distinctive style of wooden horse doll, known as "Miharu Koma." (Also the name of one of my favorite sakes.)

Power Rangers from on-slope restaurant at Grandeco spreading the word:

gallery_10844_112_61610.jpg

gallery_10844_112_87381.jpg

Looked a bit cold.

Slight detour required on the way home:

gallery_10844_112_42580.jpg

...speaking of which, is it my imagination, or do the expressways shut down more readily these days than they did in years past?

May be a new thread.

I like all the Power Rangers stuff going on.

Do they sell the outfits?

Not selling, just wearing them to drum up interest in their restaurant. Works, too -- at least it's my kid's favorite place to eat there now. They also play kid's superhero theme songs in the restaurant, and have a cutely rude way of announcing when people's pizza orders are ready. They seem to be working at it pretty hard.

Add: Oh, by "they" you mean the nameless they, not the restaurant staff? Yeah, I think those were purchased outfits. At least they don't seem handmade, or if they are, they are pretty slickly done. You looking to buy one? ;)

• 3 weeks later...