• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the sake of Fukushima, let's hope it works better for them than Liverpool FC!

With Grandeco's closing as scheduled on May 6, the season is over in Fukushima.

I've been looking for numbers, and found a report from Asahi Shimbun Online that according to the Inawashiro Tourism Association (猪苗代観光協会), seven ski areas in Inawashiro together ended up logging 450,000 visitors this year, compared to 500,000 last year. So a 10% reduction. (Of course last year was cut short by the events of 3.11, though most of the ski areas in Inawashiro are normally closed by the end of March anyway.) They attribute the success in limiting their losses to aggressive subsidies and other activities undertaken this season.

As for Grandeco, I have heard that their total numbers for this season came in at about 93% of those two seasons ago (they lost 5 weeks last year, so not a good basis for comparison), though the composition of the visitors was different from previous years with, for example, school groups cancelling en masse. They were predicting something like 63% at the beginning of the season.

So onward and upward! Here's to a successful 2012/2013 season. :cheers:

That is encouraging to hear Metabo Oyaji.

Those numbers perhaps even better when you consider the school groups not going - they are generally 'cheap' customers from what I gather.

• 2 weeks later...

With Grandeco's closing as scheduled on May 6, the season is over in Fukushima.

I've been looking for numbers, and found a report from Asahi Shimbun Online that according to the Inawashiro Tourism Association (猪苗代観光協会), seven ski areas in Inawashiro together ended up logging 450,000 visitors this year, compared to 500,000 last year. So a 10% reduction. (Of course last year was cut short by the events of 3.11, though most of the ski areas in Inawashiro are normally closed by the end of March anyway.) They attribute the success in limiting their losses to aggressive subsidies and other activities undertaken this season.

As for Grandeco, I have heard that their total numbers for this season came in at about 93% of those two seasons ago (they lost 5 weeks last year, so not a good basis for comparison), though the composition of the visitors was different from previous years with, for example, school groups cancelling en masse. They were predicting something like 63% at the beginning of the season.

So onward and upward! Here's to a successful 2012/2013 season. :cheers:

Thanks for the updates Mr Oyaji.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...