I've been thinking about this Metabo.

The only hooded quads that I can think of in the whole of the Yuzawa and Minamiuonuma area are at Kagura.

I can't think of any others.... Gala, Kandatsu, Iwappara, Ishiuchi, Maiko, Joetsu Kokusai, Naeba, Hakkai, Naspa, Yuzawa Kogen, Yuzawa Park, Yuzawa Nakazato... none of them have hooded quads (perhaps not 100% sure on Naeba).

Even the mighty Mt Granview and Ishiuchi Hanaoka don't!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the sake of Fukushima, let's hope it works better for them than Liverpool FC!

I was planning to go to Grandeco one time while I was in Fukushima new year but we did not manage, the day was really bad conditions.

Did you compare it with Alts, Metabo Oyaji! (good name!)

Metabo, I did a google translate on you name and it gave me "Metabolic syndrome father!"

Is that right?

Overweight Middle-Aged Guy.

At your service.

ha ha - love it :thumbsup:

Alts of course packed it in weeks ago, though Nekoma and Grandeco are still going through Golden Week.

Speaking of Alts, the Bandai-san Gold Line scenic road that goes through Alts and over the ridge past near Nekoma is now open, through mid-November. And it is toll-free this year too, same as last year, as are the Bandai Azuma Lake Line and the Bandai Azuma Sky Line.

They are good roads in autumn especially.

Always interested in the numbers for these places that stay open like that, I suppose it must make sense for them doing it.

You going to make it Metabo? Last cheese pic of the season perhaps? ;)

I imagine Kagura do pretty good esp. April onwards - they are sure busy weekends. Less choice and for those wanting to still get out thats the place to be.

Don't know about the Fukushima places of course.

I went to Kagura during Golden Week about 3 years ago, and the place was packed.

I assume most places open that late are making money, or they wouldn't do it.

Certainly a lot less competition this time of year.

Heading to Grandeco this Monday. Will try to remember the cheese.

In other notes:

--Numajiri closed on April 22. This summer they plan to operate a bag jump.

--Listel Ski Fantasia will be operating their water jump as usual this summer, from July 1st.

Nekoma closed today for the season.

Grandeco will continue until May 6. They are about 50% open now -- basically the left-hand half.

(Note: absolute beginners have no way down now, with the closure of the lower Akadeko course.)

Early Golden Week in Fukushima.

Bandai-san's spring aspect as of April 30, 2012:

gallery_10844_112_49586.jpg

Grandeco Center Course -- t-shirt and jeans spring skiing, good time had by all:

gallery_10844_112_153598.jpg

On the way home, don't miss the empanada truck at Abukuma Kogen Service Area :yummy: :

gallery_10844_112_161606.jpg

(Friend turned me on to that last one -- Thanks!)