• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the sake of Fukushima, let's hope it works better for them than Liverpool FC!

20 snow making machines, each costing 2000 man.

wow.

Pension owner considering closing shop.

868 people on the first day.... Double the number from the first day last season.

Hurray!

Gambarimasu!

Thanks for the heads up! I caught the last half of the report, from where they were interviewing the pension owner.

I arrived a little too late for the cameras. I did see them interviewing others.

But don't worry, you wouldn't have missed much had they caught me. Face would have broken the camera...

And what I would have said was said by other people they interviewed.

I recognize the staff shown. Gambare folks.

868 people on the first day.... Double the number from the first day last season.

Hurray!

...though it should be noted that the first day last season was a Wednesday, while this year it was a Sunday. The following Sunday last year was much more crowded than this year's Sunday opening was. (See my trip report from last year: http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/19502-fukushima-20102011/ )

But still, good. :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to stir as I don't know, but doesn't the fact that about 1/3 of Alts is not opening this season diminish it's appeal?

Or do people just not realise that?

I'm not trying to stir as I don't know, but doesn't the fact that about 1/3 of Alts is not opening this season diminish it's appeal?

Or do people just not realise that?

Not been so wouldn't know. Is it just superpipe and park like the Tubby said? (Not doubting you really, Tubby. Just checking y'know ;)

akitapow: This is a good use for the new search tool: http://www.snowjapanresorts.com/

Besides ALTS and Nekoma, there are also fun bits at Inawashiro, Grandeco and Adatara Kogen. Minowa looks potentially intriguing too, if small.

South of Aizu Wakamatsu there are some places that seem to get good reviews, though never been myself.