• Sunday, 12 Feb. 2012
    • Saturday, 18 Feb. 2012
    • Sunday, 19 Feb. 2012
    • Sunday, 26 Feb. 2012

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right! Looks like we may have a quorum, if transportation can be arranged for certain parties.

snowboard and Tubby, hope you guys can make it.

Mick: Don't worry, our dog had hernia surgery, and was out merrily digging holes in the yard within 2 weeks. So with 3 weeks, you should be just fine. B)

Man: Wife wants you to go to daycare, or to Alts?

• 2 weeks later...

ill throw my name into this shindig. But tentatively and not becuase i might have a prior committment, but just because its realllllllly far and im very lazy. Ill honestly have no way of committing to this until the alarm wakes me up and i get ready in time to actually get on a train :) Thats pretty much how far i can plan in advance.

ill throw my name into this shindig. But tentatively and not becuase i might have a prior committment, but just because its realllllllly far and im very lazy. Ill honestly have no way of committing to this until the alarm wakes me up and i get ready in time to actually get on a train :) Thats pretty much how far i can plan in advance.

Your dedication to the cause is awe-inspiring, Ippy. :lol:

But seriously, we need you there to write up the epic chronicle of our mission.

Combined with Muika's photography, it will make the ultimate trip report!

Yeah, sensory overload for sure!! :lol:

Counting on you Mick!

How is the recovery coming along?

Slowly but surely, thanks MO! :thumbsup: Am walking more easily, less like a Chelsea Pensioner and slightly further everyday, though am not ready to dig holes in your garden just yet!

TB, anymore details on that 8K night bus?

actually its 9200yen, leaving Tokyo on the 17th at about 11pm and arriving at Alts about 7.55am.....but in reality I bet you'd get there about 5.55am!! Thats what happened to us when we went to Inawashiro last year. Anyone wanting to go up to Inawashiro only has to pay 6700yen for the night bus. This is through the bus company, Big Holiday. I'm looking at their Higaeri Brochure now. You can book it at any travel agent

Good info, Tubby. Looks like one can also book online at the Big Holiday web site.

They also seem to have a morning-departure day-trip to Alts from Tokyo that day for 5,700 yen.

Leaves Tokyo at 6:45, arriving at Alts at 11:15.

Then leaving Alts at 17:15, arriving back to Tokyo at 21:50.

i would say im 85% UNlikely to make this. I was supposed to take this weekend off to save cash, but well... you know. Got my mates arriving around the 21st and super keen to try and bore them of tokyo in time for the weekend so i can squirrel them up to yuzawa (and its going to be a battle since one LOVES snowboarding and the other is mildly non plussed by it, but she may want a big tokyo night out since its their first time in japan).

Money money money. 70,000 yen to go and i break even for the month and start burning savings... which arent considerable (100,000 yen), and i need to cover my back for the school holidays (when ill be doing many trips to nagano i reckons since they live in nagoya). So now that ive written it out, im now 93% certain i wont be there. Sorry dudes, make a yuzawa one happen... and make it soon because its going to be nagano from march onwards i reckons. (or just make a myoko meet up happen)

We'll be missing you ippy.

Ok, we should start thinking about the mechanics of actually meeting up there.

How about meeting at the Resort Center cafeteria (Bandai Shokudou) at noon for lunch?

This would give stragglers a chance to filter in if they are a bit late, too.

Sound like a plan?