Hi All,

Went to JPN about two years ago and after getting the snowboard bug I am comin' back! While the missus is with her family for a few weeks I have been allowed to go up north and shred the pow. I had a hard choice of either choosing Hakuba or Niseko but... I went to hakuba last time and with the Qantas oneworld allowing 10,000 yen tickets one way from Fukuoka to Sapporo that make my choice to try Niseko (cost 3 times as much to train it to Hakuba than fly to Sapporo). Haven't worked out accom yet but I hope to stay at a hostel near the main village, maybe at the Kanon.

So my plan is to go up on the 6th of Jan and come back on the 23rd of Jan, so if anyone is keen to board and/or beer I am keen

On a side note, I just bought a GNU Riders choice with forces and I cannnn't wait to try 'em out.

Catch ya round.

Haven't worked out accom yet but I hope to stay at a hostel near the main village, maybe at the Kanon.

Thought I'd point out that anywhere you choose in the Hirafu village will be fine.

There an awesome free bus service that runs every couple of minutes.

Hi All,

Went to JPN about two years ago and after getting the snowboard bug I am comin' back! While the missus is with her family for a few weeks I have been allowed to go up north and shred the pow. I had a hard choice of either choosing Hakuba or Niseko but... I went to hakuba last time and with the Qantas oneworld allowing 10,000 yen tickets one way from Fukuoka to Sapporo that make my choice to try Niseko (cost 3 times as much to train it to Hakuba than fly to Sapporo). Haven't worked out accom yet but I hope to stay at a hostel near the main village, maybe at the Kanon.

So my plan is to go up on the 6th of Jan and come back on the 23rd of Jan, so if anyone is keen to board and/or beer I am keen

On a side note, I just bought a GNU Riders choice with forces and I cannnn't wait to try 'em out.

Catch ya round.

I'll be there at the same time. I'm always down for a beer. :)

Thought I'd point out that anywhere you choose in the Hirafu village will be fine.

More like every 5 - 10 minutes, which doesn't sound alot but is when you're freezing your nuts off!! ;)

OMG Oneworld is brilliant! thanks for posting that :) I was looking at travelling from Tokyo to Niseko by train but the trains would end up costing more than flying... not to mention the time you'd save by flying :) Thanks! My two friends and I are chasing snow between the 5th and 20th of December. I know it's very early in the season but we were heading to Kagura as it was half the price of travelling to Niseko and half the time. Now we can go to Niseko and hopefully see more snow! Any snow will be exciting for us though as we are all relatively inexperienced and from Australia. I just can't wait to get out of this heat!

Hi All,

Catch ya round.

OMG Oneworld is brilliant! thanks for posting that :) I was looking at travelling from Tokyo to Niseko by train but the trains would end up costing more than flying... not to mention the time you'd save by flying :) Thanks! My two friends and I are chasing snow between the 5th and 20th of December. I know it's very early in the season but we were heading to Kagura as it was half the price of travelling to Niseko and half the time. Now we can go to Niseko and hopefully see more snow! Any snow will be exciting for us though as we are all relatively inexperienced and from Australia. I just can't wait to get out of this heat!

That is really cheap from Fukuoka to Sapporo but how much is Qantas charging to get to Fukuoka?

That is really cheap from Fukuoka to Sapporo but how much is Qantas charging to get to Fukuoka?

details are here: http://www.jal.co.jp/yokosojapan/

I assume most booking systems take them into account. including domestic transfers on the international booking has always seemed heaps cheaper than normally available.

Hi All,

Catch ya round.

I hope you guys get decent falls at Kagura. I always have a pre-season aim for first decent slide the 10th Dec weekend, but in the last 4 years I've only decided to go out once.......there has been snow, but not the type that can tempt me from Kanagawa.....I hope this year there is, but that means there better be some decent falls soon

More like every 5 - 10 minutes, which doesn't sound alot but is when you're freezing your nuts off!! ;)

more like forever when they're full.

Stay near the car park. No relying on shuttles there.