• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introducing SnowJapanResorts www.snowjapanresorts.com   Last season we introduced an improved Resort Search feature on our main site. While that was an improvement, we still wanted to try and find

Unexpected. It whizzes round and images flying around like magic! Will play with new toy tonight. Take a rest!!

Looks great but aren't a lot of people going to be put off by having to install Silverlight (or unable to due to work policies). I'm also kind of surprised to see you any new site roll out using Silve

Love this new toy, it is really fun to use.

Great work.

Can you maybe explain the Photos, Reviews, Rankings things a bit more? They get updated from the main site?

Cheers.

• SnowJapan Moderator

Well as you can see on the search filters you can search for resorts that have/don't have Resort Reviews and Photos.

You can also search on the number of Resort Reviews and Photos.

And on the Rankings that are on the main site.

Basically that data is all coming over from the main site.

So if you submit a new Resort Review, it will be reflected in the number shown on SnowJapanResorts.

Check out this video clip:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/snowjapanresorts/video-4-hidden-gems.html

We plan to "update"/synchronize the data once a day - so while any new Reviews, Photos, Rankings will not be reflected immediately on submission, it should be within a day.

:friend:

Spent some time with this. 5 minutes in I got the hang of it. What a unique, fun, interesting, and useful tool.

Massive job I'm sure, as well.

Just looking at all those images makes the mind boggle.

Have sent on to a few journalist friends I have back home, it deserves a lot of attention.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks.

We're working on that actually Scallyway, but can't quite seem to get it right yet.

Looking at the stats for the site, we seem to have had over 2,000 'like' referals, but the number that is shown stays put on 7.

So really not sure what is going on there, trying to get it sorted.

• 5 months later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

In the first of a few somewhat complex maneuvers needed leading up to some big changes later this year, our SnowJapanResorts site has moved and most people should notice something of a performance boost.

If you haven't already, please do go take a look and have a play around with it.

http://www.snowjapanresorts.com