The iconic, world famous Emergency Telephone Box 11/12 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's true. The first snow has been spotted on the iconic and now totally world famous Emergency Telephone Box in Yuzawa. Only a bit and it has probably gone by now but we thought we needed to c

Good snow falling in Yuzawa now.   Here's the box at 3pm this afternoon. Hopefully in a few days we'll see a lot more  

i hope they have naked ladies in there....

We visited the phone box after a day at Gala and Ishiuchi on the 24th and saw it again on the bus going to and from Maiko on the 26th. I will upload the photos when we get home.

Yes we did get some strange looks while walking from Gala and back again, but hey, it was worth it to have a photo with the famous phone box :D

Dom and Dave

• SnowJapan Admin

Look forward to them Dom, when you upload you should be able to choose that Gallery we have created for phone box pics.

Hopefully some from us soon too.

• SnowJapan Admin

My 'dream' is for a nighta shot with the box completely covered.

In fact, Emergency Telephone Box's brother in Ishiuchi is pretty much covered, it's just difficult to get a good photo........ this is the top part, tonight

gallery_4338_19_240638.jpg

Looks lovely again with all that new snow on! There is another huge storm coming your way again from next Tuesday onwards, so maybe that will do the job of covering it once and for all!

Our photos from 24-01-2012.

This visit and easy entry to the sacred phone box, by the people photographed, seems to have upset the snow gods and ever since, they have sent powder down on the phone box and the local area.

24/1/12 - DOM

24/1/12 - DOM

24/1/12 - DOM

24/1/12 - DOM

24/1/12 - DOM