• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its not me....its Big Will

its sprints while pushing a weighted sled

Hi Guys

Am new to this site, although can relate to the topic of being over weight!

Just wondering if you had any tips for first time skiiers to Japan

I am an average skiier and Eve is a good beginner........we have booked a trip to Japan in Jan 2012 and dont know where to start...other thank wanting to see the Snow Monkies and enjoy some absolutely amazing vistas and powder....hope this is not too boring for you!

Rgs Dominic

Melbourne

Hi, welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

One thing I would suggest using is the search function and looking for specific queries you want answered. There is a high chance that someone has already asked the questions you may be thinking of, and more than likely, we have answered, usually in great detail, to the questions.

And the pants are too tight!

Choice:

- lose some weight

- buy new ones

An incentive if ever I needed one!

The fight starts today, salad for lunch.

:lol:

Ooooo Big Will you have the same problem as me - YOUR PANTS MUST HAVE SHRUNK!!!! Mine definately have and anyway they were last seasons so I am buying some new ones for this year. ;)

Proper interval training is super tough, can leave you bent over a bowl emptying your guts.But results can be pretty amazing. Shouldn't be used more than a couple times a week and combined with cardio training. Good articles about proper HIIT programs can be found on net. Search 'hiit' and 'peak performance output' , they are super effective at increasing Lactic acid tolerance and anaerobic endurance.

It's tough for sure. I usually do a 9Km run combined with 25 Km cycle 4 times a week, but HIIT is a whole other level as it is all about anaerobic performance. I recommend diet ( a healthy balanced diet) and exercise, diet is

about 95% IMO

And the pants are too tight!

Choice:

- lose some weight

- buy new ones

An incentive if ever I needed one!

The fight starts today, salad for lunch.

Ooooo Big Will you have the same problem as me - YOUR PANTS MUST HAVE SHRUNK!!!! Mine definately have and anyway they were last seasons so I am buying some new ones for this year. ;)

I have that problem too.

Been training for about 6 weeks. Pushie to work, gym 3x a week, surfing, walking. Not rocking up unfit this year!!! Taking the boarding boots to wk and going to start doing the stairs at lunch - 36 floors should mimic some of the hiking coming up. Been good diet wise besides the odd blowout on bubbly. Damn French, why does it have to taste so good? :)

Pete, you HAVE been good!

Bailed on resistance bands today; butt was still sore from the hill sprints on Monday plus had an upset stomach.

Currently contemplating whether or not I shall face the wrath of children and join in on their boxing session tomorrow to make up for it.

It may not be worth the grief.

With only about 6 weeks until I am on the snow I think it might be time to really turn up the intensity.

Be nice if the ski gear was loose!

36 floors should mimic some of the hiking coming up

36 floors? :worship:

I'm eschewing the elevator at work. Currently doing two steps at a time. Hasn't shrunk the belly any yet, but the thighs are getting pan-pan. Only "several" floors up, but a few times a day seems to add up. :thumbsup:

I've been doing intervals twice a week and 1.5 hours of soccer on Sundays. Hopefully that puts me in good stead. I might have to buy some gel inserts though, as I'm having problems with super tight achilles, and it's suppose to help them heal.

Also need to do some core strength exercises, as when I went last year I tore some stomach muscle teaching a mate, which I haven't done since I first learned to board. Makes good movement hard... so planks and pilates or something for me.

This Aussie winter I noticed a huge difference in my control, endurance and end of day discomfort level as a direct result of improved core stability.

I hate planks, but they obviously help! Other thing that had been awesome has been kickboxing. Really works my core stability as well.

This Aussie winter I noticed a huge difference in my control, endurance and end of day discomfort level as a direct result of improved core stability.

I hate planks, but they obviously help! Other thing that had been awesome has been kickboxing. Really works my core stability as well.

And helps to get to the front of the lift line on busy weekends - bam*Pow*biff

Here you go Metabo. Me looking sauve complete with Movember mo and a few stairs.

IMG_03921.jpg

Walked down and up 16 floors today after 12 yesterday. Target is 20 tomorrow and so on until I can do all the building. My work mates think I'm odd but can't see why.... Lol

All right Pete! :clap:

I think I did 21 floors today, but not all at once (3 sets over the day). And not wearing boots! :bow:

I realized the other day on the snow, though, that the muscles I need for skiing are better exercised taking steps one at a time rather than two at a time, the latter leading merely to gratuitous knee stress. So doing the steps individually now.

PS -- Nice disguise moustache.

Yeah TB hear ya re the wonker look :) Mo's last day today as it's off tonight. Movember is a great cause so I'm happy to be ridiculed to help with Beyond Blue and trying to assist with prostrate cancer treatment. Yep one step at a time as it Mimics my groveling efforts when walking out the gates. Bit leg sore today but will try 20 later this Arvo. it's not easy staying motivated but has to be done.