• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its not me....its Big Will

its sprints while pushing a weighted sled

Been doing a lot of core, posterior chain strength, and fitness training.....lots of kettle bell swings, glut ham raises, reverse hypers etc and the dreaded prowler (prowler will get you fit and strong but feels like a near death experience!).

Hi Panhead, it is what Tubby described. It's a really good exercise. Generally sprints with at least half your body weight (more if you can) to begin with. 10 laps of 20 m, only takes 5 minutes but you'll be shattered. Good for strength, fitness, lactic acid endurance.

Panhead, you'll find prowlers are a staple at most powerlifting gyms which coincidently are good gyms for snowboarding as they have a strong focus on core and posterior chain strength. There are probably others but there is a PTC (performance training center) powerlifting gym in Brisbane. Give them a call.

It really is depressing trying clothes on to find that they are nowhere near fitting. In just one year. That happened to me last year, I had put on about 7kg in a year and it was pretty shocking.

Shouldn't be too bad this season.

Working outdoors all day doing plenty of physical labour instead of just sitting in an office has meant I've started toning up a bit. Not sure if I've lost weight as I never weigh myself but have gone up 2 notches on my belt since returning to Aus!