• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As we are getting close to the season start, I thought I would start a thread that I will keep going during the season.   Here's some photos, bit of snow on the slopes and light snow falling this mo

you can get a night bus up there from tokyo....bit of a trek tho

yeah....I don't think its a day return trip from Tokyo, I think you have to stay over but you travel up there overnight

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's the same. They have some lights on lighting up some trees at the base of the Gondola, some white lights in the middle bit and then the ones at the top.

From what I remember they were the same colour each time I went.

Hey guys, headin' to Zao soon and wanted to get some tips for hittin' this mtn! I've heard complaints about short lifts, flat spots etc etc. and paying for parking :(

just wanted to see if anyone might have some good advice for a Zao newb ;) your favorite areas to hit on the mtn?

Hit me up!

I believe just holidays are paid, actually I never go up there weekends!

But Kurohime is a good place to start the day.

Unfortunately due to it's location, Zao doesn't have a huge amount of parking space like some resorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't you go on March 11th last year norcal? Or at least try!

Yeah I was on the way, but never made it. Actually thought about trying again at the same time this year, but this weekend is better for me.

Hope you make it this time norcal. If I remember you were actually on the expressway when 'it' happened.........

Thanks. Same here, really hoping to check this place out. Wanted to see it lit up at night though :(

Made it up here, got in an afternoon session. Visibility was ok. Saw what was left of the snow monsters. Up at the top there are a few that are still covered, but looks like most are falling apart. Still look good though, I wish I'd come earlier this season.

My wife just told me kids are Y1000 tomorrow. Looks like I'm getting there early and leaving early, lol. Probably gonna be packed.