• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As we are getting close to the season start, I thought I would start a thread that I will keep going during the season.   Here's some photos, bit of snow on the slopes and light snow falling this mo

you can get a night bus up there from tokyo....bit of a trek tho

yeah....I don't think its a day return trip from Tokyo, I think you have to stay over but you travel up there overnight

Ah yes nightlife. The village doesn't need to be the liveliest on the planet, but it certainly needs to be more lively than it is now in an evening!

Well we did open for a few days but the snow didn't last long and we have now been closed for a few. Not a whole lot of snow on the horizon either really. :(

Some more of the mountain open now and though it's still thin on the ground in most places, good to see things opening up.

We could really do with a proper dump to get things going though. As many other places of course.

:)

Solid snow now. Everything will be open.

To get to Zao by train from Tokyo. Take the Yamagata Shinkansen (Tsubasa) to Kaminoyama Onsen, then take a taxi or bus. It's less than 3 hours from Tokyo, and about 20 minutes to get up the mountain.

I'll put up a route map for cars from Narita to Zao tomorrow.

Solid snow now. Everything will be open.

No, not everything is open yet.

Most, and getting there, but not all. Uwanodai has a fair few lifts not moving and there's a few others.

The snow is not deep yet and lots popping up so not enough yet.

From Narita, find the Ken-O Expressway.

Turn north on the Jo Ban expressway

Turn west on the Ban Etsu Expressway

Turn north on the Tohoku Expressway

Turn west on the Yamagata expressway

@moderator. Love your snip (technical not Anglo-Saxon).