As we are getting close to the season start, I thought I would start a thread that I will keep going during the season.

Here's some photos, bit of snow on the slopes and light snow falling this morning.

Zao, Mid November 11

Zao, Mid November 11

Zao, Mid November 11

• Like 1
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As we are getting close to the season start, I thought I would start a thread that I will keep going during the season.   Here's some photos, bit of snow on the slopes and light snow falling this mo

you can get a night bus up there from tokyo....bit of a trek tho

yeah....I don't think its a day return trip from Tokyo, I think you have to stay over but you travel up there overnight

I hope to make it up there this year. Was heading up there last year for our anniversary but didn't quite finish the drive (March 11). Looking forward to checking it out!

That's right you were on your way when he world started shaking weren't you?

Where exactly were you, and how did it feel?

Definitely worth going, though I might give it a miss this year and go another new place.

That's right you were on your way when he world started shaking weren't you?

Where exactly were you, and how did it feel?

Definitely worth going, though I might give it a miss this year and go another new place.

I was talking with her (wife) about this a few weeks ago, turns out we were actually near Fukushima when it happened, Shirakawa. The car shook like crazy, thought it was crosswinds at first, haha. Didn't actually see what happened until about 10 minutes down the road @ the parking area. We thought we could still make it up there (didn't know the damage at Zao) but b/c the expressways were closed & phones were down so we just turned back.

So people just kept on driving?

Were you forced to exit the expressway?

Interesting!

Yeah we had to get off at the next exit.

Must have been a slow drive back. All blacked out?

Lot's of towns were blacked out, we were only 2-3 hours out of Tokyo but it took about 8-10 hours to get back.

I wonder how "my" monster is doing this year.

Must still be a tiny little critter. :wub:

I have been told by somebody here that that is a self portrait :friend:

I wonder how "my" monster is doing this year.

Must still be a tiny little critter. :wub:

I have been told by somebody here that that is a self portrait :friend:

While there is a striking resemblance, alas I am not quite as good-looking as that.

:sj-lol:

Will you be going back this season Metabo?

Must get up there.

I definitely plan to go back, though it may not be this season.

If you do (or anyone else does) get up there, please say hi to my snow monster for me, and let me know how it is coming along.

I have attached a map of where it can be found (I think...).

Basically, at the bottom of the Zangezaka course from the peak, just past the top of the Utopia #2 chair lift, you take the first left, and there is a little clearing.

The Metabo Monster is to the right of the middle of the clearing you will encounter.

See below:

gallery_10844_68_1179379.png

Hi Monster! :wave: