When do you reckon your first time this season will be?

whens 47 opening? They were reasonably early getting the top open a few years back when i lived here last, so i reckons after the first dump ill probably be there that weekend :)

I should mention though that this morning was another of those drops in teh temp. Its teh first day i felt particularly chilly cycling into work. Still in the plus temps, but its coming (if you live near tokyo).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whens 47 opening? They were reasonably early getting the top open a few years back when i lived here last, so i reckons after the first dump ill probably be there that weekend :)

47 is scheduled to open from 1st Dec, a few cms fell this week on the top slopes. More forecast sunday. Fingers crossed.

just had a look at the webcam for 47. Amazing the difference a wekeend makes to your disposition. On friday it was nothing but wet greenery. Today its looking a bit more appropriately haku :)

Yes, Happo looking good. I was in Odawara (Kanagawa) shopping yesterday. 25 degrees,, in my T-shirt and all the Christmas carols blaring away....I was so confused.. :shifty:

Will be in Hokkaido on Dec 23rd but driving for most of that day. So, the 24th for me. Unless I go for a session on the Yeti slush before that.

is the weather looking good for that weekend?

It is hard to say, but it looks like the weather is going to stay cool, so there should only be snow falling on the mountains and not rain. Where I live in Yamagata this time of year is very hit and miss with snowfall, but it looks like we are going to have some good snowfall on the mountains at least until Saturday and I am hoping it will be enough to stick.

My first day was the 11th of Nov :D

We've been getting a bit of snow in Sapporo over the last 24 hours with more predicted tomorrow, so hopefully day 2 will be Wednesday :wavey:

and todays webcam at hakuba looks GORGEOUS!!! :) Im not sure if theyve just been snowblowing the crap out of it over the last 48 hours, but it looks like actual winter there now. Counting down the days! :)

what i mean by "looks liek winter" is whee! snow! and it seems to be building rather than melting as opposed to early sunday evening where it was "whee rain! and lots of green trees and grass!" I dont mean though "whee! bottomless powder!!!" :)

today - went down the Ace Pair Lift #3 run at Hirafu a few times. Hard snow but the forecast looks good. Sadly I was too much of a pussy to duck the rope and continue down to the bottom of the mountain, which is perfectly skiable.