It's that time of the year where many start creeping back into the SJ forums, and itching for some snow pron (as well as cheesemans "cheese of the day" / still around?) Want to welcome all the newcomers as well as seasoned veterans. SJ forums look great with the new sexy logo.

If any newcomers are looking for advice on Nagano, I have MANY years of experience in the region. Fire away with any questions. We long-timers here have good knowledge of the area as well as hints and tricks to help save money for those who are travelling on a limited budget.

I will also be scouting for new recruits that need rides this year up to the mountain. Most of my previous riding friends Got married, Recently had kids and Dissappeared off the face of the planet. Bummer. If anyone is around the Nagano city area, always happy to lend a hand.

This year I am planning on hitting as many different resorts as possible "translation money allows". Looking to get up to somewhere every weekend, as well as use my winter vacation in mid Dec. to make up with Mother nature for not being able to get my fix last year.

Hope you all enjoy Japan and all it will have to offer for winter.

Cheers,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

If any newcomers are looking for advice on Nagano, I have MANY years of experience in the region. Fire away with any questions. We long-timers here have good knowledge of the area as well as hints and tricks to help save money for those who are travelling on a limited budget.

Hi Frank,

I want to organise a couple of weekend trips up to Nagano this season and was wondering if you have any good recommendations for places to stay or resorts to hit up. I am thinking of going to Nozawa and Hakuba (on separate weekends). Do you recommend one place over the other? I will most likely take a bus/hotel/lift package tour as they seem to be the most affordable options. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ash