OK so my poles are in a bit of a bad shape and thinking of getting some but having trouble finding any more than 120cm.

Seems to be the max size here but I'd ideally like 130cm.

Don't suppose it would make much difference really as I don't particurly 'use them' as such haha.

What were they invented for again? ;)

If you look online you can find some fixed length carbon Black Diamonds as well - I recently bought some 125cm.

I think those above are more backcountry ones. Good if that's what you want them for of course.

:)

The Black Diamonds are OK but pretty heavy for being carbon fiber compared to others in their class. They are only about 50 grams lighter than the non carbon ones.

I would suggest non adjustable light carbon fiber poles, ones that you can plant with just a flick of the wrist.

BTW, I also have the 3 section BD poles for back/slackcountry...they collapse so they can fit into my pack. The flip locks are better IMO than the screw ones, but ultimately it depends on what you like.

Poles are very helpful for good ski technique, especially keeping your hands forward ready for the next plant (think more of a tap) so that your body keeps facing downhill...

Don't get the telescopic poles they can let you down if you use them hard when cornering.

Mine are 125cm, but I have seen 130 in some of the sports shops, last year when I bought mine.

In the shop hold the pole upside down with the top of your hand under the circle piece on the bottom of the pole.

If your arm is parallel to the floor then it is the correct length for you.