Recommendations for Nagano, Niigata, or Gifu

Last year I went snowboarding pretty much every weekend... I mainly just bounced around checking resort after resort. The problem I barely remember any of the resorts I hit... this year I would like to narrow my focus so I can learn the resorts. I'd appreciate recommendations for Nagano, Niigata, or Gifu. I like powder, moguls, parks, off-piste, back country and speed :)

Thanks, :D

This area, I would say

I like powder >>> Kagura, Gala Yuzawa and actually lots of places after a 80cm dump

moguls >>> Muikamachi Hakkaisan

parks >>> perhaps Kandatsu Kogen or Gala Yuzawa

off-piste, back country >>> Kagura

speed >>> Muikamachi Hakkaisan

Thanks ! It seems like Yuzawa is the place to be, I hit Kagura at the beginning of each season (but never really went back after that), and I know I have been to Gala a few times... but I don't remember it at all... In past years I think I prefered closer to Tokyo places, but it's really not that much farther.

Make sure you do check out Hakkaisan for moguls if you like them.

You'll be fed up of them by the time you leave.

Good thing is though that you can enjoy that place even if you don't like them as there are alternative routes.

AHH! That's the place, I went there.. I loved it... I went with a friend last year, but I couldn't remember where it was. He just put the telephone number for the ski-jo in my Navi... and I drove... I have to go back there!

Is there any love for Gifu? I'm in Kyoto so most of these places are a bit too far for a day trip. I'm hoping to get up to Nagano and Niigata for a couple of weekend trips this season but can you recommend anywhere in Gifu?