That's awesome. I was at Mt. Hood and Timberline last NY and didn't see anything about the Skiway bus thing, totally curious about it now. It'd be cool if they had the bus sitting around somewhere to check out.

Very cool about Timberline being the exterior for The Shining hotel as well, didn't know that!

thanks, GN. Also, do you know of any squash courts in Niseko?

No go on squash courts either. I've been searching, too.

A buddy of mine priced out building one a while back. There's still no squash courts, so...

matsumoto has 2 or 3 courts in a gym but I haven't played on them. They looked slightly undersized.

Some big hotels have them, I'm surprised none in Niseko do. If I was a cashed up south-east asian, whether the resort has squash courts or not could decide where I go.

• 4 weeks later...

matsumoto has 2 or 3 courts in a gym but I haven't played on them. They looked slightly undersized.

Some big hotels have them, I'm surprised none in Niseko do. If I was a cashed up south-east asian, whether the resort has squash courts or not could decide where I go.

It's a ski resort and at least Hirafu is not a major summer tourist destination. The Hilton in Niseko Village is more a year round resort but they rely on golfers in summer rather than squash players. In all the years I was in reservations in Niseko I don't believe I ever had anyone ask about squash courts. Often questions about gyms and plenty about tennis courts in summer (of which there's plenty) but never squash courts. If it's something that cashed up SE Asians are really into then it's possible the HK owners of Hanazono may build some in their future developments.

• 4 weeks later...