people (not in Japan) forget that Hokkaido is on the same latitude as France and the the mainland is on the same latitude as the Mediterranean countries such as Spain and Mid-Level Italy.......is there Snow there? No......its coming here, don't worry but the mountains are a lot smaller here than in Europe and will take a tad longer for the snow clouds to descend upon

There have already been snowfalls high up of course.

But yes it is very much autumn here.

In our area Kagura usually gets to open very limited in the last part of November. They are looking to 23rd this year. Naeba for 12th Dec.

Most places usually only manage to in mid to late December. That is up to 7 weeks away.

I'm looking forward to it, but there's a ton of time to go yet.

Just check the previous reports from other seasons.....

Winter must be here, my kids had their first snowboarding lesson today...........albeit on a snowflex slope in SE England. Made me warm to liberate them from 2 planks.

:unsure2: liberate??....Don't know bout dat... :confused:

;)

JMA showing snow Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday for Sapporo. Snow Forecast is showing snow from Mon - Thur for Niseko and Mountain Watch is showing 30 +cms in the next 7 days. We can only wait and see now!! :clap:

Friday next week?

That's the way it looks 8-9 days out on Unisys.

As I was going out the door nhk had the little snowman for Sapporo for this Friday. Highly accurate forecasting that nhk is...