• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

わくわく! Got my tickets for Kandatsu today! Poor dear in the shop must have been a bit bamboozled with the foreigners - despite telling her in Japanese exactly which trains we wanted to take and how much it should cost, first off she plugged everything in and came back with a price of 9000 yen each - should have been 7k! I was like "huh? the seats are all full?" and she said, no the outbound seats are full but the return ones are OK. So I told her it should be 8000 then, but when I probed further, turns out the outbound seats weren't full - it was just the pair seats that were full - we could sit in the triple seats but might have someone else sat next to us! So we finally got them at 7k, paid for them and when I looked at the tickets she'd put us on the wrong outward bound train! Anyway got there in the end - 7000 each on the trains we wanted! Just waiting for the snow now!!

Snowing heavily in Hakuba village atm, about 10cm in the village in the last 3hrs, its meant to get heavier overnight. Looking like Xmas Day Powder Day.

Merry Xmas All.

Lots of (wet) snow in Nisflato but with it the wind and the crowds.

Only got up to -4 today in Kutchan. Hard to imagine the snow is all that wet. I'd say it's heavier than usual due to the wind deforming the flakes and making them pack together more.

I was feeling cold at Kandatsu yesterday and it was hardly 'cold' compared with other places.

Not sure I'd be keen on the supercold going on up there!

More snow on the car, and looks set to continue into tomorrow.

:D

Lots of (wet) snow in Nisflato but with it the wind and the crowds.

Only got up to -4 today in Kutchan. Hard to imagine the snow is all that wet. I'd say it's heavier than usual due to the wind deforming the flakes and making them pack together more.

Perhaps you are right mate, I have a LOT to learn. What I do know is that we were spoilt yesterday that's for sure :)

:lol:

Yes funny how we get so much coverage. Us and neighbouring Tsunan.

We aren't that far from Nozawa and you can see how much snow they are getting by those Now reports.

Mega.

Can't wait to hit it myself.

:lol:

Yes funny how we get so much coverage. Us and neighbouring Tsunan.

We aren't that far from Nozawa and you can see how much snow they are getting by those Now reports.

Mega.

Can't wait to hit it myself.

There must be a tv station office there I reckon. Tsunan / Tokamachi is ALWAYS the place they do the mad snow report from, and I don't think you get more than us most of the time.

:)