yeah I know what you mean, on your own at the top of the resort just looking down.....can be quite a Zen-like moment!! Last time I had one was the other year I was up in Niseko. I was waiting at one of the gates for my mate to catch up, looking down the annupuuri side, the clouds parted, then sun came out and there was that sparkly diamond dust in the air......no one was around, just me sitting in the snow taking in the view then the most perfectly formed snowflake, only 1, fell on my glove......got all teary eyed and mystical as it melted away!! :lol:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

the clouds parted, then sun came out and there was that sparkly diamond dust in the air....

Are you sure you werent watching twilight, you massive girl!

My earliest day on the snow in Japan yesterday; Kawaba, Gunma. Blue skies and crisp conditions. About half the lifts running and the snow looking a liitle thin by the end of the day.

My kids first time on snow (previous 4 hrs on dry slope in UK) on their boards. Massive learning curve; from nervous lift exits (read multi board pile up) in the morning to heal to toe transition by the end of the day. Caught my son riding switch while trying to make linked turns: I wish I`d learnt at his age.

Next ski-jo will be small local in Akita on Monday, perfect for the kids learning curve.

Snow picking up now just before the long weekend.

Hakuba 47 report 8cm

Hakuba Goryu report 15cm top, 10cm bottom

Come on rider69, follow up your stories! ;)

Nice morning with lots of blue sky at the moment.

The good news is that the heavy snow seems to be due late tomorrow now.

Can't help but feel it has been 'downgraded' somewhat. Let's hope not!

although I hope no one was injured......people who own Hummers are assholes, is there any need for cars to be so big, especially in Japan?? Doesn't seem like they are much good in snow either!

Was it whiteout conditions?

It snowed all day long...pretty heavily. Couldn't ask for a better season opener, lol.

It didn't seem to be very busy at all either. Good day all around, even made it there/home faster than normal.