• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

I don't have time for blizzards!! lol...well that sucks. Really want to go somewhere Friday :( . So this blizzard should end by Saturday or Sunday? (seems that way from other posts)

Ahh, just checking the brochure - you can get Kandatsu 7600 tomorrow or 8600 Friday, but the early season deals finish on 22nd for Kagura.... decisions, decisions....

Ill check the weather report on thursday and decide then!

the extra cost until the 27th is only 200 yen........Friday to Kagura will only be 9400 yen

Look at the forecast on the resort pages on SJ.... Looks like it is going to be through the weekend

Yeah I'm checking them now...the more I look the sadder I get, lol.

sod it, I'm going to Kandatsu tomorrow, rain, hail or shine. It'll be good to get a couple of turns in before Christmas and New Year (and its my birthday, so what better way to spend it). Anyone up at Kandatsu tomorrow, give me a shout or look out for a giant rodent with a leathery tail! :D

Yeah, its looking like its starting Thursday night , continuing through the weekend and into Monday - peaking around Saturday night. Best chance of any fine weather looks like either tomorrow or not until Tuesday or Wednesday next week in the Niigata/Nagano regions.

New year will be spent at Alts Bandai for a couple of days at least - anyone been there yet?

It's not open yet -- they are not planning to open until the 28th this year. So you may be one of the first.

Do post pics!

Never actually been there myself -- will be there for the first time for the SJ gathering in February.

oooh, where shall i go this weekend. I looked at the hakuba cam today, and its the first time ive felt the stoke build a little this season. Was maybe thinking gunma or yuzawa or hakuba (since its familar territory). What to do, what to do? Any hidden gems within easy reach of saitama?

I habitually check the cams and snow-forecast prediction. It's showing 75cm between now Monday for Takamagahara... It's one of the lower mountains in Shiga Kogen, so hopefully the rest will get as much/more being some 2-500m higher.

Jealous of Tubby today!

As I thought might well happen, blue skies over Yuzawa this morning.

Darker clouds out to the north and perhaps moving in, but I would have very much liked to be out there today myself.

Surely Yuzawa is mad easy from Saitama if you are near a shink station and that cost is ok with you>?

I really thought about yuzawa and made my mind up last night to do that. But then when i was in bed trying to sleep i had the sudden horrific realisation that its the official kick of weekend for the japanese season. And yuzawa is probably hell on earth for that weekend.

Anyone in and around yuzawa on 23rdish (when it fell on a long weekend) care to elaborate on my suspicions? Is it as insane as it seems in my head?

It will probably be busy, but I would expect everywhere to be this weekend.

BUT. The heavy snow that is forecast will no doubt put some people off.

But naked, ski-lift-shunning peeps like your gnarly self should be just fine. ;)

Jealous of Tubby today!

As I thought might well happen, blue skies over Yuzawa this morning.

Darker clouds out to the north and perhaps moving in, but I would have very much liked to be out there today myself.

It was beautiful out there today Muika!!! Sunny all day, the snow was excellent........soft and squeaky corduroy on piste and knee deep blower off it.......it really was a great choice to go up. I didn't get pics bcos I forgot my bloody camera!!! There was only 2 lifts running but other than the Milky-Way course, it was enough to access everything. There was only about 30-40 people on the hill all day, quality 1st day!! Kandatsu is a little small though TBH but as it was so quiet I was able to lap the ungroomed courses all day and although it eventually got chopped up by afternoon, the snow was still soft and powdery....no ice balls or solid banks.