Catching a ferry from Ibaraki to Tomakomai on the 22nd.....getting in on the 23rd. I hope the boat runs. :confused: We were postponed last year due to a strong low pressure system. Two years in a row would suck.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

Serious nukeage on the way at the end of this week. It should open everything up top to bottom across Honshu. Get out there if you likes the pow!

The pressure charts suggest its going to get very mild by the middle of next week though. It looks like freeze/thaw conditions, so probably best to get your edges done if you've got a trip planned towards New Year.

Wow, look how my thread has grown !! Nice to see it's still going now winter HAS arrived - and what a winter it's shaping up to be...

Got my first turns for the season at Kagura on Sunday. It was still a bit shallow in places, but the weather stayed cold and it snowed throughout. I'm also thinking of going again on Friday, but will leave the decision until Thursday. I love the place, but it's a drag on windy days when you make it over to Tashiro then you immediately have to turn back because they start closing lifts. In previous years, we've avoided having to take the "wrong" ropeway down, but it's bound to happen one day.

New year will be spent at Alts Bandai for a couple of days at least - anyone been there yet? Then, whatever I can get away with in Yuzawa / Shiga / Hakuba on January weekends until we get to Hirafu at the beginning of February.

Bring it on, bring it on, bring on all the snow that the Siberian powder factory can possibly throw at us.

Enjoy

SdS

Muika....what are u trying to do to me??!! ;)

Actually I was thinking one of the lower down resorts like Kandatsu.....I can get a day shink deal for 7600....never been there. I will def be up at kagura/Naeba next week for a day.......decisions decisions

:doh: here I go again!!

My Japanese is crap but its in the Higaeri book that we spoke about before, Kandatsu is usually 9,600 until the 27th, but tomorrow is a wed so both trains will qualify for the 1k discount making it 7600¥.........right?

Pg11 of the book

Ah yeah, I havent got the brochure in front of me, but it sounds like you are right! I thought you meant Friday and didnt realise the early season discounts run till the 27th. That makes friday a little bit more enticing for me - I was thinking of doing Kagura but not if its stormy. Kandatsu can be a good choice if you head out in a storm because its very sheltered and the winds dont usually end up closing the lifts.

Is Kandatsu open right now?

Not the top, but the quad that is moving will get you nearly to the top.

Not a huge amount of terrain really. Not mad keen on the way they run Kandatsu with half the lifts not moving mid season and my favorite course only weekends. :grandpa:

I would probably choose Gala or Ishiuchi Maruyama.

Unfortunately I can't get out tomorrow.

Ahh, just checking the brochure - you can get Kandatsu 7600 tomorrow or 8600 Friday, but the early season deals finish on 22nd for Kagura.... decisions, decisions....

Ill check the weather report on thursday and decide then!