• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

Tuby Pete has lots of friends in Hakuba so that would be why he is worried. It is much easier to ski with friends and ski more interesting stuff than to ski alone. The Avalanche conditions in the alpine are quite high right now a couple of funky layers going on with massive snow on the way.

Tuby Pete has lots of friends in Hakuba so that would be why he is worried. It is much easier to ski with friends and ski more interesting stuff than to ski alone. The Avalanche conditions in the alpine are quite high right now a couple of funky layers going on with massive snow on the way.

I'm sure he does

Kutchan as of this morning has recorded 216cm of snowfall this month surpassing last December's total of 201cm. Should hopefully get up around 3m (or more) which will be the best December since 2005 when 362cm was recorded.

From the 22nd though Niseko isn't looking like the best place to be with a big low pressure system developing just off the west coast. It's forecast to bring blizzard conditions through to xmas day. Will likely be plenty of snow but I think the winds will really hamper lift operation.

I was thinking about a trip this Friday too - but it does look like it might be a bit stormy - might be best to wait for the following week and hopefully the winds will have died down and a lot more snow will allow more access to off-piste areas. I think with current depths at Kagura it will be in-bounds only.

From the 22nd though Niseko isn't looking like the best place to be with a big low pressure system developing just off the west coast. It's forecast to bring blizzard conditions through to xmas day. Will likely be plenty of snow but I think the winds will really hamper lift operation.

Great! Arrive there on the night of the 22nd having changed my plans due to a lack of snow in Hakuba..... :(