• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

Actually for Hokkaido yes I was spot on winter started end of November, but I was expecting the air stream to have gone further down, so Honshu is later getting cold because of that. Unfortunately I cant control where the air stream decides to go, so I was out for Honshu!

I still expect a very cold and very snowy winter ahead, once it gets started in the next few days.

And yes I still say the ice age is coming very soon.

In just over a year we will be at solar max, and the sunspot count is much lower than it should be at this stage of cycle 23, in fact recent days it has been dropping off quite rapidly, but it should still be increasing.

Cycle 24 looks like it will start much less active then it should be as things are at present! The next ice age will be with us soon, very soon!

SJ I dont think you are pulling any photos down. Winter is coming in what looks like a very big way. By this time next week it should be full on winter. My friend in Aus who like to predict these things said this storm looks big and sustained. Satuday should be fun but Wednesday seems to be the day.

Actually for Hokkaido yes I was spot on winter started end of November, but I was expecting the air stream to have gone further down, so Honshu is later getting cold because of that. Unfortunately I cant control where the air stream decides to go, so I was out for Honshu!

I still expect a very cold and very snowy winter ahead, once it gets started in the next few days.

And yes I still say the ice age is coming very soon.

In just over a year we will be at solar max, and the sunspot count is much lower than it should be at this stage of cycle 23, in fact recent days it has been dropping off quite rapidly, but it should still be increasing.

Cycle 24 looks like it will start much less active then it should be as things are at present! The next ice age will be with us soon, very soon!

Gee winter starting in late Nov in Hokkaido!!!! How do you do it snowdude??? That is such a rare event that it takes a visionary forecaster to get that right :lol:

As I said can't wait for that next ice age. I'm sure you'll be just as right about that as you are with most of your forecasts :rolleyes:

SJ I dont think you are pulling any photos down. Winter is coming in what looks like a very big way. By this time next week it should be full on winter. My friend in Aus who like to predict these things said this storm looks big and sustained. Satuday should be fun but Wednesday seems to be the day.

your not just buttering me up are ye??!! ;)

I plan on hitting SOMEWHERE either wednesday or thursday......Snowdude, I hope you are right.....I could do with a little ice age action! :D

• SnowJapan Admin
SJ I dont think you are pulling any photos down.

Then stop implying that kind of thing please.

I don't particularly care if you upload photos or not, just don't make flimsy excuses for your reasons as if it's 'our fault'.

It is worth noting that many of the natural forcings on climate are currently lining up on the cooling side. Things like the sun as snowdude points out and others like a number of periodical oscilations in climate cycles like ENSO, PDO and NAO. All are currently in what would be considered a cool phase. There is definitely a chance temps may cool a bit or at least not warm as much for the next decade or so. We'll have to wait and see. Most of the climate models are predicting relatively little or certainly reduced warming up until around 2030 when it is expected to really take off again. None though are predicting major falls in temps into ice age territory.

Puts on majime hat. I agree.

Here the local forecast has Yuzawa mountains getting a maximum of up to 15cm, Tokamachi and Minamiuonuma areas a max of 5cm with Myoko mountains the most at up to 30cm before 9am tomorrow morning. The local forecasts are not giving mention to anything more than the above.

As it is, still raining.

Lets see how that tv report ends up shall we and compare this time tomorrow evening. ;)