• SnowJapan Admin

Yuzawa has a bit of snow, but really not much and quickly drying up in town.

Getting brighter now so I think that's it for this time.

The phone box on 9th December 2011

Minamiuonuma, 9th December 2011

Minamiuonuma, 9th December 2011

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

After the other quake, I hope Nozawa in particular has a good year.

Every bit is welcome, but only 10cm on the hills here last night by the sounds. The forecast for the coming week still looks mild as well. The Dec 23 holiday is on Friday this year making Christmas a three-day weekend. Anywhere not open then could miss out on a lot of potential custom.

It looks not so bad in the long range for next week. Not much snow but cold enough to support what is already up high. Happo may open tomorrow too they have been humming and hahhing about it for a while.

SUPPPPPER jealous of you Hokkaido folks :( we got a little bit of snow today but the last week has just been rainy....BOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I see you're on the coast SW of Daisen-shi. Tazawako has had some snow (from my webcam watching). I'm hoping your rain on the coast will translate into snow on the hills. I'm asking as I'll be in Akita in about 14 days and am hoping there'll be some places open. Maybe your username will come true in the next two weeks, fingers crossed.

Well if you like I can do that or you can take a slightly less cynical view and enjoy the snow you are getting. Whilst you get to be there all season and obviously see many snow events, those of us that just get to visit tend to get excited by any snow, especially when about to travel there. As for the forecast - well how many times does that miss???? Next time should I check with you on how many cm it is and if its appropriate to post.?

Well if you like I can do that or you can take a slightly less cynical view and enjoy the snow you are getting.

Enjoy which 'snow event' exactly?

Or in your view is sleet / wet snow ctually a 'snow event'?

I find misinformation and hyping up stuff to be more cynical than the truth.

Next time should I check with you on how many cm it is and if its appropriate to post.?

Good idea, that.

You were itching to post something this morning here hey. You probably got up early to do it, didn't you? :lol:

When you posted it was sleet and no snow was sticking.

This morning there is a bit of snow on the ground.

The forecast last night said we might expect a bit of snow on the ground.

So, yeah, about right.

It likely will have for the most part dried up by later today.

If you have a meaningful point, do tell.

"What color is hype???"

Yikes, you taking lessons from your corny marketing friend in Hakuba now?

Best Skier, really aren't you taking it a bit far? PP is hardly part of the marketing hype brigade. Getting a bit excited about snow to valley level for those looking to head over soon is hardly surprising is it?