• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

• 3 weeks later...

The JMA forecast from yesterday doesn't look promising for the next four weeks, so maybe no early start this time.

Don't worry they JMA will be wrong again as usual, we will be into heavy snow very soon.

C'mon Snowdude make it happen!!

Well unfortunately when I made my prediction I was not expecting a giant filament to slide across the sun in the later part of November, effectively delaying the cold air stream flow. Europe's winter has also been later starting because of this.

Having said that Winter has already started in Hokkaido, more than a week ago, which was with in my prediction, I was however expecting the cold air to be more dominant further down mainland Japan.

The cold and snow will be here soon and I still say this winter will be very cold and snowy, just have to wait a little longer.

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved

hic!

• Like 1

Just come back from a bike ride.

Not feeling particularly cold out there.

Looks like it should get cold late in the week, whether it will bring with it much snow..?

Yappari, will probably be another few weeks before things properly kick off.

Nice one

Great short term present for a kid

I imagine most drivers would screech to a stop, rip it off the kids arm and toss it out the window.

I know I would.

Winter has certainly hit up in Hokkaido over the last week. Hirafu looks like it will break the 2m snowdepth mark tonight on the upper mountain and the 1m mark in the village. I'd think this coming weekend will see most of the mountain open up.

Wet snow, sleet here, saw several cars driving around with snow on them this morning so a little higher up the snow must be sticking, to cloudy / misty to see the mountains at the moment.

Weather has cleared up now, but very cold! The snow settled down to the 500 m mark, all the mountains here are nice and white.

It will be like an ice rink here tonight and tomorrow morning with everywhere being so wet, and should be a very hard frost tonight!