Hi, I am a bit of a newcomer and have a question about Moiwa, any help would be great.

Has anyone out there skied over the backside of Moiwa and down to the onsen near the rail tracks. is the onsen open in winter and how long is the hike back up on skins for myself and how long by bootpack for my poor snowboard mates who don't have snow shoes?

Thanks,

Mattyana

One more question, can you get out the bottom of Goshki with a traverse (to Hanazono maybe?) or does it require a skin out? Thanks again

Nope, no traverse.

Hi, I am a bit of a newcomer and have a question about Moiwa, any help would be great.

Has anyone out there skied over the backside of Moiwa and down to the onsen near the rail tracks. is the onsen open in winter and how long is the hike back up on skins for myself and how long by bootpack for my poor snowboard mates who don't have snow shoes?

Thanks,

Mattyana

I have only been over the back from Mt Annupuri to Goshiki (one way got a ride from the Onsen), not sure if peeps ride over from Moiwa much, it is a bloody quick ride even from Annupuri Peak.... a bit too shallow from Moiwa I reckon... at a guess maybe 1 hours at least skinning it back depending on snow ... boot pack you would be post holing and never make it, need shoes at least.

You will have to skin out anywhere from Goshiki. It's worth it though really good terrain. However, if you are not wearing a beacon I would highly suggest not really going out there. It can slide and it is pretty steep in parts. You can also get further out than anticipated if you don't know where you are going to where it will be hard to get back or impossible without hiking gear.

It's very easy from any Niseko resort and Moiwa is a bit further but will work. Annupuri will be your best bet.

• 4 weeks later...