I was in tokyu hands today and saw that they see home brewing kits and am thinking of buying one. Only trouble is that I have never made beer in my life so looking for some opinions from people who have done it.

Is it possible to get ingredients, say from hakkissan brewery, to get my own beer going?

Wasn't critisizing ;)

Just interested in why, seems a lot of work. But hope it goes well... tell us what the results are like.

Ah ok - apologies then. :D

Would love to be able make ManInJapan brews :D

My dad back in Canada has done his own beer and wine for many years. He belongs to a brewers club and they've got their recipes down pretty tight. Fabulous beers without all the crap additives. I've never been interested as I prefer my red wines but good beers can be made.

What sort of different options,varieties did they have?

Ages ago I did a bit of brewing. It wasn't that good, but I have a feeling I just didn't get it done as well as I could have.

Would be fun to have a go.

The starter kit was made by a company called black rock from New Zealand. Whilst it would be good to use a starter kit for a while, I would eventually like to move on to my own brews.

you can buy loads of starter kits over the internet. I've never tried it, but I'm also interested in it. I guess most men who love beer harbour dreams that they could be the ace beer producer. My old man used to do his own beer and wine when I was a kid, can't remember anyone raving about it though!! :lol:

Gotta watch though, a friend of mines over here went home on holiday and left his batch of beer going, when he came back he found that his beer had exploded all over his house....it was summer time.....it was hot and awfully smelly!!

I helped a friend a little bit brew beer, it's an interesting process.

My roommate and I just barely finished bottling the wine we made all summer. We grew the grapes in our back yard and voila! 5 months later we have wine aging in bottles that tastes really good. I was shocked at how good it actually came out.

Sounds like you might have a story to tell Weegeoff?!

Not really a story. I did used to brew my own beer and wine for about 25 years I made mistakes in the beginning. When i moved house the first thing to go on the van was 30 gallon of beer because I did not know when i would be able to brew again. I did need something to tide me over { I did have 3 barrels at the time}

But you must keep things clean. In the UK you can buy camdem tablets which is like a mild bleach. you can use the stuff they use to clean babyies bottles. If you are doing wine you will need to put a tiny drop in the air lock.Beware it is strong.I have crawed up staires :party: