Hey folks.

My friend told me about this site a week or so ago and I have been glued to the info and forums here reading up and totally stoked on the idea of visiting Japan to ski. I have always wanted to get there but being able to ski as well just sounds like the best thing possible. Ever.

Of course know about what happened in March. But over here, the media is pretty quiet about it all now. So it's difficult to know what the situaiton is now. So don't shout at me for asking......

So, what's the latest? I can find articles online, that's not what I'm after really. What I am interested in is more what you guys who live there think and know. Feedback most welcome.

Cheers!

yeah......you'll be ok. Even if you did stray near to the reactor-affected area, the amount of lead that you breathed in from the lead paint that's used in all UK schools will keep you safe! ;)

You'll be fine. I'm off there in Dec. My drive up north passes Fukashima and I'm also going to spend time at Zao Ski Resort which is approx 100 km from Fukashima. I expect to get a greater radiation dose from the flight to Japan than anything during my 3 week stay.

Apart from the crippling exchange rate this winter should be a good time to visit; though sad for Japan you may find some resorts a little quieter (well less foreigners) and you'll get a warm welcome for making the decision to visit Japan. Onsen + powder + Japanese food = :thumbsup:

Hey folks.

My friend told me about this site a week or so ago and I have been glued to the info and forums here reading up and totally stoked on the idea of visiting Japan to ski. I have always wanted to get there but being able to ski as well just sounds like the best thing possible. Ever.

Of course know about what happened in March. But over here, the media is pretty quiet about it all now. So it's difficult to know what the situaiton is now. So don't shout at me for asking......

So, what's the latest? I can find articles online, that's not what I'm after really. What I am interested in is more what you guys who live there think and know. Feedback most welcome.

Cheers!

I think what you need to ask yourself is can you eat raw stuff.

In conserving electricity, many many households have been asked to not cook their food. Good luck.

Hey folks.

Cheers!

In conserving electricity, many many households have been asked to not cook their food. Good luck.

:confused: Ya....I've gotten used to cooking everything on a stick over a camp fire in my back yard...... ;) ;)

Serious question, Chriselle, but being so close.... Do you get strong fishy smells going on?

Yes, but only when they haul all of their nets in and dry them out to mend. They lay them out on the parking lot and if the wind is blowing the right direction it's RIPE!! Makes ya frickin gag. But its not very often...

I'll bet you get a nice fresh piece of toro and then go grill it.

Actually, yes Alex...More often than most considering I live 20 ft from where the boats unload.

Rreally? You would waste a piece of prime toro by cooking it.

Considering the majority of houses use gas for cooking rather than electricity have to say this is more bollocks from Thursday.

Noone will force you to eat raw food at all. Lots of delicious and safe food to eat over here. So much so that you might to back with a few extra pounds around the belly. ;)