My pals at Wangel Sports in Jimbocho are putting together a pair of new 181 cm K2 Coombacks with Marker Baron touring bindings for me. Can't wait to give them a try.

I'll also be getting a new roller bag, Mont Bell ultralight carbon poles and a new pair of ski pants because my old ones are shredded...

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my size 12.5 Nitro Team boots and they fit like a glove!

Web chat with a Backcountry rep got shipping to Japan down from $93.45 to $65. Thanks for the tip, Tubs. If I see you around this season, I'll stand you a can of happoshu - a 500ml one!

Got un-moderated and figured I'd beef up this post

I've decided to armor up this year... picked up a few new items

Level Super Pipe XCR Gloves, Finally I have found snowboard gloves that I LOVE... it's only taken 15 years :lol: Here is why

1. Sizing - They have Jr. S, Jr. M, Jr. L, XS, S, S-M, M, M-L, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, XXXXL <- I got a M-L and it is sooo nice.
  2. Durability -> Gortex shell, with rubberized kevlar on the palms that has funky ridges so they stick to everything, just looking at the gloves I can tell they are well thought out and well made.
  3. Saftey -> Built-in (removable) Biomex Plus wrist guards (actually very comfy),extra heavy duty wrist cinch strap (keeps the wrist guard in place and adds some support, hard plastic covers over the back of your palm and knuckles
  4. Removable liner (I'm so tired of fighting with the reversed fingers on the sewn in liners of my Da Kine's)
  5. Cool -> I question the purpose of the vents :confused: and the ice breaker spikes are a little overkill :p but by far the coolest looking gloves

The price is a bit steep (I got mine for $150, you can order them in Japan for 22,000) but I think it's cheap for what I got.

Also ordered

Crash Pads 2200 Thermal padded pants <- They seem good, but are very warm and seem to chafe a bit on the knees

A Giro 9 Helmet <- Easy to adjust nice fit, I threw a pair of Tork Xpro Motorcycle Headset speakers (waterproof) in the speaker slots... very nice!

Fox Titan Sport Jacket -> A Motorcross upper armor, if you ever saw the TV show "Terra Nova" it is the exact same stuff as the military's armor... soft kidney pads, hard chest, back, shoulder, elbow, and forearm... on a mesh zip up jacket, easy on - easy off... the pads are mostly adjustable and most pads can be removed... I look like a wall when I wear this under my jacket, but I feel invincible haha. I still have a good full range of motion... no rubbing and it's actually not warm.

Listing it all up it seems like a large over-kill :D

:confused:

Edited by bikertom

Like to see the Fox titan jacket.Is it from the same people who do the moto x gear ? :sjcool:

Yep it's that Fox, actually I think it's moto cross gear, but I got it under the snowboard section (not really sure if it's cool to post the website that I bought my stuff from, so I haven't). It's funny because it looks exactly like the armor used in the TV show Terra Nova