Thought this would be helpful for some of those trying to buy new gear in Japan. Whilst not the biggest snow wear festival in the world, there are some bargains to be had.

With permission from the SJ-guys, here is the link. I won't post links to all the events around the country, but it's kind of a travelling market, going around Japan at different weekends, who knows, maybe one near you.

Personally, am going to the Yokohama event at the Pan-pacific at the end of November.

http://www.winterspo...jp/index02.html

Bummer...I would have loved to go but have to be in Nagoya that weekend. Let me know when any other events are.

Look at the link, there is an event every weekend maybe one near you?

• 1 month later...

I went to the one in Saitama last weekend, some decent deals. Just got some gloves/face masks, didn't find any pants I wanted though. Would like to check out the Yokohama one (even though it's probably the same stuff) but I'm on call this weekend :(

Anyway not a bad thing to check out if it's in your area.

So I made it down to the Snow Festa at the Pacifico in Yokohama yesterday and this was the best thing! ;)

Mick Rich_112.JPG

I thought I saw M-i-J forcing his way through to the front of the 20-strong crowd but I was hiding behind my sunglasses so couldn't be sure!

Haha, I did go down there but wasn't that impressed with the stuff on offer, just seemed to be either tiny or small size by that point. The half price lift-tickets were a good idea; however, I didn't pick anything up in the end, as I haven't decided where to go yet this season.

Was nice to get out down to Sakuragicho though.