• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya....wow..! Ippy can even waffle on Yeti....impressive..   It's only a 30 minute drive after work for me. Even then it's a tough decision.

Yeah, I live quite close. I've only been a couple of times though... don't find it very interesting. There are one or two events that aren't bad entertainment but for the most part it's like Ippy said. Small, not real snow and crowded.

its where i did my first, second and fifth day on the slopes. Ah, i have a special love of yeti even though the bus package INCLUDED the damn rentals (i learned this the second time) but the people at the counter thought i was some dumb gaijin so they charged me for the rentals on top of the bus package (evidently i was). Great fun if you cant link a turn, absolutely GHASTLY when you can.

No turns = 15-20 minutes to get down, 10 minutes in a lift queue then 10 minutes for the lift to get back up the top.

Turns = 1 minute to get down. 10 minute lift queue then 10 minutes for the lift to get you back up. If i remember, they have a red run though!... Its about 100 feet long and then brings you back out at the lift queue. :)

It's surprisingly busy all winter... but then again it only takes 100 people to fill the place. I guess it's good for families and there is a children's theme park nearby. There are also loads of hotties hanging about. To be honest, most of the people who go there are more concerned with snowboarding fashion than they are actually snowboarding. The only events that might be worth going to are the all night events... but even then you'll want to be very drunk.

I'd also like to see someone take a measuring tape to their 1000m claim. I don't think there are 1000ms from the carpark to the bottom of the slope!

I'd also like to see someone take a measuring tape to their 1000m claim. I don't think there are 1000ms from the carpark to the bottom of the slope!

Hm! Satellite imagery suggests 700 m as a generous estimate for the main course. Maybe 750 accounting for the angle of the slope.

I bought a season pass last year....lol. If you go between 5 to 10 pm on weekdays and stay on the back course you can get some productive sessions in. Most of the skiers and boarders riding at these times are advanced to expert and the beginners tend to stay down on the main flat runs. It can get pretty icy with the warm days and cold nights but it's good for practicing when there's nothing else around.