Hello all!

I'm about 3 seconds from booking my trip to Niseko (staying on the Moiwa side) and was wondering if there are any bars/restaurants, etc on that side. Everything I've read over my lunch hour's worth of searching is all about Hirafu, which I'll make it over to a few times, but it's not really my scene. But I don't want to have *no* place to go for a pint either!

Planning on hunkering down in Niseko for 2 weeks, Feb 10-26, 2012

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hey Zakk!

Moiwa is pretty dead. There are a couple places over there and Jyuu the okonomiyaki place is somewhat near by. There is also the best onsen in Niseko there too :) Right at the entrance. Other than a few buildings there isn't much at all. I would recommend maybe going closer to Hirafu for a nightlife. That's pretty much where everything is.

Just remember Moiwa is not cnnected to the rest of Niseko so its only an option if you have your own car. I know they will tell you there is a shuttle bus, but you will feel trapped.

Personally I dont think much of Hirafu and prefer Higashiyama area myself but I dont tend to care about night life, I still always have a car so I can head to the various lifts and resorts when I want, Moiwa is nice, worth a day skiing there but its not part of the grand Niseko lift pass and requires seperate ticketing

You are also close to the actual township of Niseko (pop 4600), also where the railway station is. While there this year I read about a free bus service called NISEKO TOWN ON DEMAND SHUTTLE SERVICE that the town was running for a two month trial period, not sure if it will be operating next year.

Unlike Hirifu you really need your own transport over that way as there is not the many eating houses in walking distance