Who has an Iphone 4S - what do you like about it?

I was also thinking of upgrading my 3gs to the 4s, mainly because my 3gs has a signal problem and the phone frequently has zero signal reception. Also the gps doesnt work anymore.

Funny how people with such lousy experiences consider upgrading to more of the same!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because google owns android. ;)

However, Apple recently purchased a map company, forgot the name of it, but apparently if they can get the software on the phones, the level of detail is higher than compared to GoogleMaps.

Damn, what was the name of that company?!

Which size did you get BM??

I went into au yesterday here in Niigata and they said they did not know when they would have them in, "but it might even get into December".

Actually I'm thinking of moving over to au and getting a iPhone For S(teve).

Android annoys me a fair bit actually, I much prefer the smoothy silkiness of ios, even with it's own faults.

I was also thinking of upgrading my 3gs to the 4s, mainly because my 3gs has a signal problem and the phone frequently has zero signal reception. Also the gps doesnt work anymore.

Funny how people with such lousy experiences consider upgrading to more of the same!

I guess Im just a bit unlucky with phones - my last Samsung was a complete disaster. I generally like the iphone despite some of its well-known drawbacks. If I do get another one, I'd be sure to get the two year warranty - the problems Ive had with my current phone seemed so start shortly after my 1 year warranty expired...

Which size did you get BM??

I went into au yesterday here in Niigata and they said they did not know when they would have them in, "but it might even get into December".

I got the 32 gig. Siri is the bomb. Seriously, worth it just for that.

Because google owns android. ;)

However, Apple recently purchased a map company, forgot the name of it, but apparently if they can get the software on the phones, the level of detail is higher than compared to GoogleMaps.

Damn, what was the name of that company?!

Its war out there isn't it.

Battery life isn't bad. I don't use all of the location settings... which is what was really draining them I think. If I use it as just a phone I get 2 days(ish). If I'm playing games and stuff it is significantly less. My old dumbphone used to get 4-5 days (even after 3 years) so compared to that it kind of sucks.

According to this survey

1. iPhone 4S 64GB (SoftBank) — 10.4%

2. iPhone 4S 32GB (au/KDDI) — 10.3%

3. iPhone 4S 64GB (au/KDDI) — 9,4%

4. iPhone 4S 32GB (SoftBank) — 9.1%

5. iPhone 4S 16GB (SoftBank) — 8.2%

6. iPhone 4S 16GB (au/KDDI) — 6.3%

I have one of those moderately cheap silicone deals. Apparently, the buttons are in a slightly different position than the iPhone 4 so you have to use cases specifically for the 4s.

Also, the iOS5.0.1 has improved the battery life pretty significantly.

My GF has one. It's nothing short of amazing.

She has one through AU KDDI and the base price before calls is about 7000 yen a month, which is all you can use data.

Considering my phone bill is 2300 yen a month, I'll stick to what I'm using.

Considering my phone bill is 2300 yen a month, I'll stick to what I'm using.

Cool, you do that, but your girlfriend can surf the internet until her heart's content, and can use yje greatest snowboard site in Japan wherever she goes. ;)