Who has an Iphone 4S - what do you like about it?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved over from Docomo to Au late last year and was worried about if the service would be as good as Docomo.

No regrets, I have never found it wanting wherever I have been.

I moved from Softbank to Au late last year as well. Not only did my monthly fee go down by more than 2000¥ a month the service also got a lot better. Softbank sucks ;)

I went and got it....got a very good deal. The base deal was 6700 yen give or take a yen or 2, but they had an offer that if we took on a JCOM(local cable provider) house phone then we'd get 1500 knocked off the iPhone bill. So 5200yen a month is more up my street, I decided to get a 32gb and take it over 2 years so that was another 430 yen, so all in all my iPhone base bill is around 5600 yen. The sweetener was when we phoned JCOM to ask how much monthly rental etc would be, they said that as we are already TV and Internet customers then taking on a phone would mean our monthly bill from them would be reduced by 1000 yen as well!! Thankyou very much! :D My mrs was that impressed that she, out of the blue, decided to get one as well. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it

I went and got it....got a very good deal. The base deal was 6700 yen give or take a yen or 2, but they had an offer that if we took on a JCOM(local cable provider) house phone then we'd get 1500 knocked off the iPhone bill. So 5200yen a month is more up my street, I decided to get a 32gb and take it over 2 years so that was another 430 yen, so all in all my iPhone base bill is around 5600 yen. The sweetener was when we phoned JCOM to ask how much monthly rental etc would be, they said that as we are already TV and Internet customers then taking on a phone would mean our monthly bill from them would be reduced by 1000 yen as well!! Thankyou very much! :D My mrs was that impressed that she, out of the blue, decided to get one as well. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it

(I'm drunk right now so I don't understand much) Is that through softbank? If so, I guarantee your bill will be 2000¥ more expensive than whatever you think it should be. If not, than good for you. ;)

Just looking at my au bill now - I went for 12 months (32GB) and I am paying 35980 yen over that period - so 5140 yen a month.

I'll own it once that clears of course, so effecitvely I can sell it if I want, I suppose.

So if people are now paying less than 10000 yen, that's a sweet deal!

:thumbsup:

It might be wrong but I was under the impression that its 5000-6000 a month for the data plan and the basic version of the phone is free or near free if you sign up for two years. Most calls are extra.

If you're switch to au from another provider (MNP), the phone actually is free so the monthly discount (which for existing au people simply cancels out the cost of the phone) knocks the monthly cost down to under 5000.

Either way, after two years the phone is yours but you still have pay for the data plan at full cost to use most of smartphone features.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/haijin_and_seek/archives/51331203.html

My monthly is 9,926 yen (for 12 months, 32GB).

5,140 yen of that is for the hardware, the rest is basic charge, calls + internet tsukaihodai thingies.

I'm on the Plan S Simple.

Bloody difficult to understand these things with all the discounts and whatevers, but I have the bills right here in front of moi-self, so it's twue.

Too right its hard to understand!

From the link I posted, I guess in your case, your bill will go down a lot when the hardware is paid off and back up a bit when the discount on the hardware runs out (after two years?).

I'm on something called Plan Z Simple (I think)......5277 per month for the basic net packet and 25 mins free to any carrier. I got the 32gb iPhone so I pay 430¥ per month for 2 years for the handset, so my basic monthly bill is 5730¥ plus any calls over and above the 25 mins (whch i doubt I'll do as I never make calls) and any messages I send that aren't emails (which are covered by my Internet packet).

Like Internet providers, I think the cheapest deal is to keep switching when your contract is up so you can get the introductory offers. I'm too lazy to do it myself.