Who has an Iphone 4S - what do you like about it?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say I'm not so impressed with Siri - it does understand most things I say, but its functionality seems rather limited here - for example, it cant give directions in Japan, cant tell you the weather in Japan, cant find restaurants in Japan and although I managed to tell it to "remind me to call my mum when I get home" - it made the reminder, but didnt remind me when I got home! Also it doesnt understand some more complex commands - I told it "Its my mums birthday on the 10th december, remind me a week before" and it just made a reminder on the 10th of december saying "a week before". I doubt I'll make much use of it TBH.

Have to say I'm not so impressed with Siri - it does understand most things I say, but its functionality seems rather limited here - for example, it cant give directions in Japan, cant tell you the weather in Japan, cant find restaurants in Japan and although I managed to tell it to "remind me to call my mum when I get home" - it made the reminder, but didnt remind me when I got home! Also it doesnt understand some more complex commands - I told it "Its my mums birthday on the 10th december, remind me a week before" and it just made a reminder on the 10th of december saying "a week before". I doubt I'll make much use of it TBH.

Not really sure why you'd need siri to remind you of your mum's birthday.

I'm just so glad I changed over to the iPhone.

Syncing up google contacts on da veb, iPhone and iPad is very cool.

Just never get round to doing anything like that before now.

BUT, using Microsoft Exchange, is there any way I can get groups in my contacts on iOS?

• 3 weeks later...

Black Mountain, or indeed anyone else, head anything on when au might introduce those missing features?

Still well pleased I moved over to iphone from galaxy. As per the tablets, it's just silky smooth and trouble free. I like.

Black Mountain, or indeed anyone else, head anything on when au might introduce those missing features?

Still well pleased I moved over to iphone from galaxy. As per the tablets, it's just silky smooth and trouble free. I like.

Haha... The 'near future'... I'm guessing that means never. Sounds like Docomo will be getting the next round of iPhones so there's always a chance of changing when this contract is up (which I will certainly do if Au don't get there act together). Otherwise, I'm super happy with the service and phone.

Found this

au版iPhone、MMS、FaceTime対応は来年3月末に 社長「消費者もいずれKDDIの良さに気づいてくれる

By end of March all of them ok だどうです!

1. au携帯電話および他社携帯電話とのEメールでの絵文字の利用

2012年1月末までに対応します。

2. Eメール (@ezweb.ne.jp) のリアルタイム着信通知機能

2012年3月までに対応します。

3. その他の機能

2012年3月までに順次対応予定です。

http://www.au.kddi.com/news/information/au_info_20111215b.html

Yep. You can download those apps. But it doesn't help if other iPhone users don't download them as well.

Just a verey quick question. What are you on about?

Whatsapp is one of the hottest on IOS and Android, so too Viber and Tango. Just for convenience,

Whatsapp: SMS, photo sending, video sending

Viber: Voice over IP. Sounds like stereo phone calls on your Iphone

Tango: VIdeo call over IP and 3G. Much faster than Face shot Time.

If your friends don't have any of these, then.... you they must have something else.

What I'm on about is that every single iPhone user (should have) has iMessages and Facetime so you are sure to be able to connect with them that way. Sure, the apps you mentioned may be popular (and I've got each of them) but still not everyone has them. And they aren't all supported in Japanese. There is also the problem with there being no push-mail for the iPhone on the AU network. That means you have to constantly check your mail because you don't get a push notification that anything has arrived. None of the things you mentioned fixes that major problem.

Got to admit I'm really not fussed about any of the missing features myself, but they really should roll them out speedily and yes everyone needs to have them not just people who choose a particular app to download.

Not really sure why you'd need siri to remind you of your mum's birthday.

If you were a forgetful type perhaps.

When do people reckon the 5 will be with us? Summer?

• 3 weeks later...

"Apple just set company records for net income ($13.06 billion) and revenue ($46.33 billion), thanks in large part to selling as many iPhones as there are people in California. Oh, and nearly half as many iPads, too. All of which contributed nicely to the $97 billion of cash and securities the company's sitting on. The 37 million iPhones are more than twice as many as they sold in the same quarter last year; ditto the 15 million iPads."

So, quite popular then.