Sympathigue, Iiyama, Nagano

Igaya, Matsumoto, Nagano

Urasa, Uonuma, Niigata

Muikamachi Ski Resort, Minamiuonuma, Niigata

Kayama Captain Coast, Yuzawa, Niigata

Omote Manza, Tsumagoi, Nagano

Any more to add to that?

• SnowJapan Admin

Was just about to post that, in the paper today hey? ;)

We can take Igaya off the list as well it is being sucked up into "Mt Norikura" (previously known as Norikura Onsen).

Muikamachi is one of those places that always seems on the brink and changes hands a fair few times ins't it, muika? Got to wonder the appeal of taking over places like that, especially in these particularly challenging times.

Yes it is.

The appeal? No idea.

When I went a few years back to take photos etc it was almost totally empty. Literally.

I believe they have lots of school kids and trips like that going but they can't make much with the budget prices they pay.

I remember that vid you posted from there.

And you saying that if you had an accident on one of the courses it might be literally hours before anyone came past and helped!

Good question yes. I don't know.

I recall someone saying something like that though.

Old places like Mikuni and a resort near Urasa, forgot the name!, quickly took down their lifts.

But a place like First Ishiuchi keeps them there.

And...... Arai! ;)

The strange thing is that Kayama Captain Coast is listed in the Yuzawa Suberi Meguri promotion...

But I could not find anything in Japanese news online that stated they were going to reopen for the 2011-12 season.

Kayama Captain Coast has finally (finally) (finally) declared itself bust and dismantling (maybe).

Oh to be vague.

Anyway in the paper yesterday said that in their peak season they got over 70,000 guests. The last season they were open (year before last) that number was 15,000 people.

The number 20 oku yen flying about as well.

Kayama insists that last seasons close was "to prepare for a renewal opening". Yeah, I believe him!!!!! :lol:

Wonder if they will take the lifts down.